Thread: Constant Yawning, Deep breaths.

Constant Yawning, Deep breaths.

Hey guys, I'm new here. Used to be a member of Anxietyzone a few years back.

Recently (the past 3 days or so) I've been constantly taking deep breaths and exhaling as if I'm stressed, yawning all the time too. It happens at least once a minute or two and it's really consistent throughout most of the day. I keep having to yawn or take a deep, "satisfying" breath.

I've recently been looking on google and have seen things related to heart conditions, lack of oxygen to the brain, etc.. I have never had this before, at least I don't think I have.

I would personally like someone to help me disprove these feelings/thoughts as they are making me fixate on it even more and making me feel even more stressed. I literally can't stop thinking about it. Has anyone had this before?

Re: Constant Yawning, Deep breaths.

Hi frosty , I can relate to this just recently this was happening to me ! And for me it was anxiety ! I’ve just been put on sertaline as I couldn’t handle it anymore , are you on anything ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sarahanderson902 View Post
    Hi frosty , I can relate to this just recently this was happening to me ! And for me it was anxiety ! I’ve just been put on sertaline as I couldn’t handle it anymore , are you on anything ?

Ps also been put on beta blockers too

Hey Sarah

Nice to hear that there's someone who's been through the same thing, it's really horrible! I think all anxiety symptoms are horrible, especially when we can't help but fixate on them.

I've been taking citalopram for over a year now, prior to that I was on fluozetine for 3 years.

Did this symptom ever go away for you? it's got to be one of the worst!

I found it hard to explain the deep breath but you’ve put it perfectly trying to get a satisfying breath !
    Yeah this is it constant thinking about it makes it worse but we litrally can’t help it !
    All the symptoms that come with anxiety are frightening for sure !
    I’ve been on sertaline for about 4 days now and maybe two days ago the whole breathing calmed down I don’t think it’s the tablets tho as I’ve said I’m only on 4th day before that I was constantly thinking about it and sometimes now I still watch the way I’m breathing specially when I’m sitting up (not sure why) i think I feel it worse sitting up but I feel when I’m lying down it’s not as bad , do you feel like that ?

Very common anxiety symptom.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information