Thread: Shortness of breath for days

Shortness of breath for days

My sypmtom started a few days after I had a upper resipitory infection. This was at the beginning of the month. I had a few bouts of shortness of breath for maybe like 2-3 times for about 15 minutes. It went away for a few days (maybe a week) and then it came back. Everyday for about 5 days I’ve been having these bouts and I’m so scared. I’ve also been having weird things with my throat after my strep in November.

It’s not like I’m huffing for air or anything and it isn’t wheezy. I don’t have a cough and the one I had during my infection went away. I played soccer in 2016 so I guess that rules out asthma. I did have this in August for about a week then it stopped happening. I’ve also had this before when I was younger too, but it’s never been this much. Honestly I’m too weird and scared to declare what I think it is but just guess and you’ll be right. It starts with a C (particularly one that has spread). I’m 16 years old, if that helps.

Re: Shortness of breath for days

I'd go to the doctor if this persists. Could it be the lingering effects of the respiratory infection somehow? Asthma (even though you think not)? Not being a doctor I don't know. I really don't think you have c-word though.

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

this is one of those cases where getting something fairly benign diagnosed might help with your fear.

Re: Shortness of breath for days

You don’t have cancer. Sinister diseases like cancer don’t come and go.

Thread Information