Thread: Nearly cit free and not feeling It!

Nearly cit free and not feeling It!

Hello it's been a while since I've posted. I've been ok for a while and started to decrease the cit from 40mg down to 2.5mg. I felt dreadful at 40mg and decided to come back down to 20mg.. I stayed at 20mg for about 5 months and gradually came down to the 2.5 I'm at now.. However its fair to see the anxiety physical symptoms are fast coming back. Head pressure and shooting pains, shoulder and neck pain, awful arm ache, and the dreadful feeling of needing to yawn and get a deep breath. Get up and go has gone. Appointment at docs 3 weeks but just wondering if I should quit the cit completely or doi increase up to 10mg and see if that helps. So blumming annoying. Thoughts anyone. I don't have any mind chattering or any stress in my life. Infact it's pretty good. So not even sure why it's returning!
    Thanks Polly x

Re: Nearly cit free and not feeling It!

The s is my 3rd time on cit - and when I start feeling better again I will not be coming off them ever again.
    Sometimes anxiety can have no reason - I have no reason for my anxiety- my life is really good - and bam anxiety comes for no reason and strikes me back down again.
    Maybe consider going up to 10mg until the withdrawals die down - maybe it’s to soon for you to come off them.?
    Best thing is to talk with your doctor and get advice on what is best for you x
    Wish you well x

Same thing here I have nothing to believe worry about..but your feeling that yucky feeling again because you need a higher dose of celexa..if I was you I stay on a maintenance dose...good luck Polly ..

Thanks for the replies. Very frustrating isn't It? I will talk with doc but may be increase back to 10mg tomorrow. Thanks again the support is so helpful. X

I drop from twenty to ten ...what a difference..been on ten almost two years...and staying at there..

Quote Originally Posted by pollynewsome View Post
    Hello it's been a while since I've posted. I've been ok for a while and started to decrease the cit from 40mg down to 2.5mg. I felt dreadful at 40mg and decided to come back down to 20mg.. I stayed at 20mg for about 5 months and gradually came down to the 2.5 I'm at now.. However its fair to see the anxiety physical symptoms are fast coming back. Head pressure and shooting pains, shoulder and neck pain, awful arm ache, and the dreadful feeling of needing to yawn and get a deep breath. Get up and go has gone. Appointment at docs 3 weeks but just wondering if I should quit the cit completely or doi increase up to 10mg and see if that helps. So blumming annoying. Thoughts anyone. I don't have any mind chattering or any stress in my life. Infact it's pretty good. So not even sure why it's returning!
    Thanks Polly x
    How long have/had you been on 2.5mg? Even though the size of the med is incredibly small - it's still a very powerful dose. I noticed a random/daily unsteadiness when I was on 2.5mg for 16 days that I didn't have at 5mg.

If you're feeling terribad at 2.5mg then it probably means you tapered too fast from the previous dose and should be ok to reinstate the previous dose.

Hi. I've been st 2.5 about 4 weeks. I've gone back up to 10 today. Manage to speak with doc. Will stick at this for a while.xx

I have been reading your journey Polly for quite a while now..stick to ten if you can ..ten has done me wonders..

Thanks lulu.. I've increased back up to 10mg. Will sit at that. X

Thread Information