Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 03.23.17 12:11 pm pst

Re: 03.23.17 12:11 pm pst

Quote Originally Posted by always-ill View Post
    I am worried as I have been on citalopram/celexa twice before and the side effects were awful. I don't know whether I should take the whole 50mg pill or split it and take 25?
    Fwiw, I think you should take no more than 25mg for the first week, perhaps even only 12.5mg given the citalopram experiences and increase the dose by the same amount at weekly intervals to 50mg. But you should clear this with the prescribing doctor first as s/he may have good reasons for getting you onto 50mg asap.

Thanks Iwarzon and PDU, (is it ok to call you that?).
    I bit the bullet and took half a tablet so 25mg, just to see how they affect me, although my gp said to take the am, I am worried they will make me overly drowsy, Citalopram used to make me really tired so took them at night. I will speak to my gp today and make sure this is ok.
    I am trying to forget that I took it so I don't obsess about the side effects, but I do feel a bit strange, slightly wired I suppose but I only took it 30 mins ago so wouldn't expect to feel anything yet, I'll see how I get on through the day.

and PDU, (is it ok to call you that?).
    Sure

although my gp said to take the am, I am worried they will make me overly drowsy, Citalopram used to make me really tired so took them at night.
    Sertraline may, or may not cause tiredness and your experience with citalopram is not necessarily a good guide to your likely response. SSRIs are usually stimulating to some extent with insomnia being a more common side-effect than sedation.

I am trying to forget that I took it so I don't obsess about the side effects, but I do feel a bit strange, slightly wired I suppose but I only took it 30 mins ago so wouldn't expect to feel anything yet, I'll see how I get on through the day.
    It takes about 30 minutes for most meds to begin entering the bloodstream and sertraline is absorbed more slowly than most other SSRIs so what you're feeling is almost certainly being generated by your mind. An anxious mind is quite capable of generating, or exacerbating side-effects.

Thanks Iwarzon and PDU, (is it ok to call you that?).
    I bit the bullet and took half a tablet so 25mg, just to see how they affect me, although my gp said to take the am, I am worried they will make me overly drowsy, Citalopram used to make me really tired so took them at night. I will speak to my gp today and make sure this is ok.
    Keep us posted I only got tired the first couple days

Just a little update all is well so far so good.
    I get little bouts of panic however nothing close to previous and they tend to go away rather quickly.

If you are on the fence or are currently taking this I suggest to fully run the course and don't deviate as it has done wonders for me and I'm sure it will help you also.

Just a follow up for anyone watching this thread.

Since my taking of 25 Zoloft month 5 and smooth sailing absolutely no problems issues or weird side effects to speak of.

No panic, anxiety or agitation etc.

If you are on the fence I'm assuming this will not qualify for all but I highly suggest it

Just a follow up as I have yet to have the need for lorazepam like I use to nor have I had anymore ill effects of anxiety still on .25

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information