Thread: Side effects of drug worrying me

Side effects of drug worrying me

Or should i say worrying if they are side effects or something else. Started verapamil for my svt attacks 18 days ago. Constipation is most common side effect. I have never had trouble going to loo. Always 3-4 times a day. I am still going as much sometimes more but its very hard to go as so solid. I also have constant abdominal aches. I am also feeling shivery in my back all the time. That feeling they describe as someone walking over your grave. I have had this before in the past but not every day like now. My temp is completely normal. Again a listed side effect is chills.
    I dont want to stop pill as its helping. Am seeing dr today but so fed up of constant worrying!

Re: Side effects of drug worrying me

Is the drug controlling your svt attacks though? Sometimes you just have to choose one set of symptoms over another, hard as that may be. You could always get some lactulose/stool softener or something like movicol/laxido otc. I suppose the priority is your heart with your GP. I hope your appointment gives you an opportunity to talk to your doctor about your worries.

Re: Side effects of drug worrying me

I am beginning to wonder of i have some bug as the day this started i woke up with very very hoarse voice and tickly cough and felt like i was getting a cold or virus. By teatime my voice was back and cough went but i noticed niggly abdo ache once or twice. It really kicked in the next day plus feeling sickly and these shivers.
    Will see what dr thinks but i do feel unwell.

Thread Information