Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feel very,very stupid

Feel very,very stupid

I got out of my car at work today and started to have the flashy lights thing which I used to get in my teens when a migraine was iminent.

I walked up to work from the car park and was panicking and hyperventilating due to my vision being affected.

I got into work and my boss sat with me, hugging me, while I kept apologising and saying I thought I was dying cos I felt as though I was floating away.

The flashing lights stopped after about 15 minuted but the full blown panic lasted for about half an hour [:I].

I phoned Mark and he came and picked me up as there was no way I could have driven. I'm now at home with a throbbing head and feeling sooooooo stupied. I must have looked a right prat at work [:O]

I don't know whether it was stress, hormones or what that brought it on. We accepted an offer on the house last night and I am dead excited about it so don't know if this contributed.

Just wanted to put it all down on paper so to speak cos I really feel like I made a fool of myself :(

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

hi kate, you dont need to feel stupid at all - so what if you had a panic attack at work? No-one will think any worse of you.

If you see someone show some sort of vulnerability, do you think they're stupid? No, because we're all just human and we all have moments when we wish the ground would swallow us up. Sounds like your boss is understanding, im sure every one else will just be concerned that you're ok.

sounds like your under pressure at the moment, anything to do with buying / selling houses is bound to bring on stress - my husband once told our estate agent that i would have a nervous breakdown if our sale didnt go through!!![:I][:I][:I][^]

mag xxx

You did not make a fool of yourself!!!!

We are sooooo hard on ourselves arn't we - like mag says you would never think any less of someonelse if they showed a degree of vulnerability would you! [No]!

Personally I think it was doin so well in the quiz that did it [}][}]

<center>((((K))))</center>

Love Piglet xx

Hey Kate, how you reacted was perfectly natural and not stupid at all. It's as stupid as having a cold really!

I'm sure it was the excitement of the house offer that brought it on.

Now chill [8D]

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

HI KATE I UNDERSTAND WHAT YA SAYING BUT NEVER FEEL STUPID AND IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN UNDER ALOT OF STRESS SELLING A HOUSE AND MOVING SURE THAT CAN ADD TO THE FUEL YOUR GONNA BE OK.......TAKE CARE WISH YA THE BEST.......LINDA[8D]

Hi Matey,

Just wanted to send you a ((((HUG)))) and to tell your boss at work was probably too concerned as to how you are feeling to even consider thinking you were stupid.

Lots of Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

(((((Kate)))))

Hi Kate,

You are not stupid at all mate. I've had loads of panic attacks at work, mostly no one notices and I don't say much but I have had to call the work nurse to me a few times in the past when I've felt particularly odd and needed to go home. As everyone says, no one will judge you for having a PA and your boss sounds so caring and lovely.

Great news about the house, how exciting. It's quite possible the house sale contributed to how you were feeling, remember excitement feels much like panic too.

I hope you are feeling alot better this afternoon.

Now no more talk of being a fool ok as you are definitely not.

Take care,

Love Lisa x

Hi Kate,

Please don't feel stupid hun. Sometimes it's just a build up of things and weird stuff happens to our bodies i.e strange symptoms etc...

Congratulations on the house mate. That's GREAT.

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X X X

Pippa.

Thanks everyone for your supportive replies. I knew you lot would understand!

I think that sometimes I just spend so much time at work pretending everything is fine, I'm happy, nothings bothering me etc, and I hate soooooo much anyone knowing when things get really bad ie panic attacks.

I exhaust myself covering up how I feel, especially at work and being the centre of attention today sent me into a right tizzy [:I] I just so much hate the spotlight being on me especially when it involves having to explain that it's a full blown panic attack. I can't remember the last time I had such a bad one.

I've still got a bit of a headache and my legs seem a bit shaky. I also feel incredibly drained. I'm having tomorrow off as well and will see how it goes I suppose [Sigh...]

Thanks again everyone

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Hi Kate,

It sounds like you're doing a bit better although these things do leave us drained and shaky I know.

I think sometimes trying to cover things up so others don't notice is enough in itself to make people feel anxious. It seems a commom problem that many people almost feel ashamed to admit they suffer panic attacks. I really think half the battle is just being relaxed and open about it. Ok easy for me to say maybe but it really helps.
    I've had many panic attacks at work, often I just ignore them and carry on and no one is any the wiser as it passes but if it's bad people often say to me "are you ok" and I reply "yes it's just a bad panic attack". I feel so relaxed about telling people that I really don't care who knows and I think that helps. I'm not saying tell everyone you meet but if it arises don't be ashamed of it. It's an illness/disorder like any other. Having an asthma attack is nothing to be ashamed of and neither is a panic attack for example. You wouldn't judge anyone having one and people won't judge you. If anything once you start telling people you'll be amazed how many people also have them. The fact you get out and go to work each day and deal with this shows how amazing you are to cope with this. In my book this gives you more credit as a person not less . The worst thing that could happen is that someone one day may not totaly understand what panic is but does it really matter what they think, that same person themselves may have an attack one day - they can happen to anyone at all. Try and be proud to be you, because you are great even with the odd panic attack

Anyway sorry to babble on your post.

Take care and I hope you feel better tomorrow,

Hugs,

Lisa x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information