Thread: Odd cool feeling on fingertip and mild neck pain when yawning

Odd cool feeling on fingertip and mild neck pain when yawning

Hello,

I come with two issues I need reassurance about. After spending a couple of blissful panic-free weeks I've noticed two odd little issues.

The main one is for the last couple of weeks I've been getting a feeling at the top of my neck/back of head/base of skull when I do a big yawn. It doesn't happen for smaller yawns, only really big height of tiredness yawns. I've pretty much put it down to muscle pain as it feels a bit like that or a pinched nerve. I did get it when eating too a couple of weeks ago if my posture was bad when leaning in to eat, now that's disappeared so hopefully that's a good thing.

The other issue is quite new. Sometimes during the day on the top of my left finger above the nail, I'll feel like there is a bit of blood or water sitting on the surface of the skin for a split second. It feels slightly cool, and I've gone to wipe it a couple of times only to realise there's nothing there. No exposed cut or water or anything. It's really weird, I've tried not to Google for a couple of weeks but I caved yesterday and it sent me on a bit of a panic as expected.

Any ideas as to what it could be or is it even worth worrying about?

Thank you.

Re: Odd cool feeling on fingertip and mild neck pain when yawning

Hey Jordan!

First of all, praise yourself for the panic free weeks you have had!!

In regards to the neck/skull pain when yawning, i haven't experienced this myself, but i know that anxiety has caused very tense muscles in my neck and upper back. Anxiety and stress is capable of causing so many bizarre symptoms. Please try to seek comfort and relaxation in the fact that this is very likely to be nothing sinister!!! People like us are hypersensitive to the sensations in our body and we become fixated on the smallest of things! Try to take a few deep breaths and remind yourself and you are well! and that anxiety is trying to fool you.

In regards to the cool sensation on the tip of your finger, I CAN RELATE!! I get this cool sensation on my palms and fingers often, mostly when i am in a panicked state, but sometimes for no apparent reason! it comes and goes.
    Cool and burning sensations on the extremities is a very common symptom of anxiety. Our nerve endings are extra sensitive and the adrenaline pumping around our bodies is capable of causing so many strange sensations.

I will post a link below that i find very reassuring, it is an extensive list of symptoms related to anxiety and panic. I find referring to it very helpful when i am feeling particularly worried about a certain sensation or symptom.

www . anxiety-central . com/index.php?/topic/75-list-of-over-100-anxiety-symptoms/[/url]

I hope that helps!! goodluck x

Thread Information