Thread: Side effects- when do they ease off ??

Side effects- when do they ease off ??

Hi, been on Sertraline for about 6/7 weeks now- changed from Citalopram which I had been on for years & which wasn't working anymore. Started on 50mg Sertraline and then up to 100mg after a couple of weeks. Side effects became worse and have been constant for weeks now- nausea, can hardly eat, insomnia, headache, dizziness, confusion, feeling mentally numb and detached (felt this anyhow). All this doesn't seem to be easing at all and I need to 'function' properly as I have 2 young kids to care for. Losing weight which is not a good thing for me as I am underweight and very faint. Any advice ?

Re: Side effects- when do they ease off ??

Someone, anyone please tell me this all gets better very soon. I feel like I'm just taking a tablet everyday that is poisoning me and it isn't getting any easier.

I am probs being put on Sertraline soon..I have taken other Ssri's in the past and had the side effects you mention. Eventually they do pass xx

Quote Originally Posted by Marra View Post
    Hi, been on Sertraline for about 6/7 weeks now- changed from Citalopram which I had been on for years & which wasn't working anymore. Started on 50mg Sertraline and then up to 100mg after a couple of weeks. Side effects became worse and have been constant for weeks now- nausea, can hardly eat, insomnia, headache, dizziness, confusion, feeling mentally numb and detached (felt this anyhow). All this doesn't seem to be easing at all and I need to 'function' properly as I have 2 young kids to care for. Losing weight which is not a good thing for me as I am underweight and very faint. Any advice ?
    I've been taking sertraline for about 20 years. The max dose I can tolerate is 75mg. Anything above that I get the terrible side effects and they don't go away. By 6/7 weeks you shouldn't be still feeling the initial bad effects. How did the 50 mg make you feel?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Your side effects can re-emerge if you are increasing or have recently increased your dose. How long have you been on the new dose?

Thread Information