Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this memory loss?

Is this memory loss?

So I don't have major problems like not being able to remember what I did for the day, but I sometimes forget whether I did something or not. For example, yesterday I put a sandwich in the fridge, I remember putting it in, but I don't remember actually opening the fridge and doing it. And just this morning, my dog jumped into bed with me, and then I realized that he wasn't there, but I don't remember him leaving. :/ it just worries me.

Could it all just be my brain tumour anxiety, and that I'm looking into it too much?

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 ----------

Anyone??
    Last edited by anxious_thoughts; 30-05-13 at 18:25.

Re: Is this memory loss?

I wouldn't worry too much, Everyone forgets things like that from time to time. I know I do on a pretty regular basis. I have a seriously s**t memory, and that's for everything. I can ask someone a question, get an answer, and then about a minute later ask the same question again.

Thanks for replying! That's very reassuring.

Yeah, I have that all the time. It drives my boyfriend nuts! And I make lots of lists now so I can keep track of things and remember to do stuff. I have noticed that mine is super correlated to anxiety and racing thoughts--that is, when I'm super stressed, my memory capacity diminishes.

I know exactly what you mean & I think what you've described is perfectly normal for most of us. When we do things on auto-pilot we don't really take notice of the processes of doing them. Really nothing to worry about xx

Thanks so much guys! Your words really do make me feel better.
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one going through this. Thanks again!

Hello Jenn,

Your post really struck a chord with me because I have worried about memory loss many times!
    I have come to the conclusion that we do so many things just on autopilot that we won't remember every thing. I often do something and then when I think back I can't actually remember doing it but its literally because our brain just can't remember every little tiny single detail xxx

Hello Cassy, thanks so much for replying.
    I'm so happy that there are people out there who get and understand what I'm talking about. So thank you! I'm going to try to stop over thinking it, cause I'm totally capable of remembering a lot of other things. Definitely anxiety, haha

Rather worryingly it occasionally happens to me when I'm driving, I get to my destination and think, I don't actually remember the journey. It happens lots of other times for me to, so I'd try not to worry, I think it just happens when you're doing things you've done lots of times before and your brain isn't properly engaged.

You're probably right, I seriously need to stop over thinking it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information