Hello, my name is Michaela. For the past couple weeks I've been dealing with a severe compulsion to blink both excessively and forcefully. As that progressed, I picked up the compulsion to twitch and slightly flex my legs in addition. I thought maybe my eyes were dry, so I tried eye drops, but that didn't help. I've tried just stopping by sheer will, but that didn't go very far. I'd like to make it clear that this is not a twitch, as in something entirely involuntary. Rather, this is a compulsion which is technically voluntary but not wanted.

I have been diagnosed by umbrella-term general anxiety, but I am almost certain I have OCD. I also deal with extremely intense intrusive thoughts which can lead to panic attacks, along with some other ritualistic compulsions (they're not as bad as they used to be).

This eye think varies in intensity throughout the day. I'm not sure what causes it. Sometimes I forget it, sometimes it's incredibly annoying, such as now when I am trying to finish my English paper.

My oldest brother has bipolar disorder and has dealt with the eye and muscle thing for as long as I could remember. I am on a prescription antidepressant right now and plan on discussing this issue with my counselor tomorrow.

Any advice? Thank you.