Hey NMP community, looking for some info from all the IBS sufferers out there.

Apologies in advance if this is too detailed but the past few years have been prone to some very strange digestive problems. I was diagnosed with severe acid reflux via an endoscopy about 5 years ago and have been on omeprazole 40mg for about 10 years.

I started getting stomach cramps followed by bouts of constipation a few years back but never thought to get it looked at since stomach issues like reflux and IBS run in my family.

It comes and goes over the months and my diet hasn't changed over the years so it's doubtful I have celiac or crohns since I can go months with no problems only for it to suddenly return with no dietary changes. Also while uncomfortable and painful at times, my symptoms are not excruciating.

I do have severe anxiety and this recent bout of digestive issues has gotten worse after a health anxiety flare up. I just finished a very short course of iron tablets as it was ever so slightly below the recommended amount but not enough to cause me substantial problems. Unfortunately the iron tablets made the constipation worse and I now have what I think are painless hemorrhoids with no bleeding but minor discomfort and occasional itching.

I suppose my question is, how on earth do you deal with these symptoms? I have brought up my digestive problems a few times but always just been given movicol (miralax in the US I believe) to help me through bad bouts of constipation. I've had stomach problems since I was a kid but I really had to push for an endoscopy despite suffering with reflux for years with no actual diagnosis. The hemorrhoids also don't seem to be reducing over time and while they are painless and don't bleed, it can be very uncomfortable.

I suppose I'm a bit worried about wasting the doctors time. Since my HA diagnosis I've been feeling very self conscious about visiting the doctor for everything.

I'd appreciate any advice and again I'm so sorry if I went into too much detail!