Thread: Worried About Stool

Question Worried About Stool

A Few Weeks Ago, I Noticed A long Red Streak Only on the surface of my Stool and I'm Not sure if it was Blood or something undigested. But it is Causing Me A lot of Anxiety After Every Bowel Movement I look in the toilet it's Really Stressing Me out and I'm only 18!!! This Incident only happened one time after that I Never saw it again.

Re: Worried About Stool

If it only happened once and it was a few weeks ago I wouldn't be worried. It was probably something you ate. Even if it was blood, if it was bright red it wouldn't be too concerning.

I had bright red blood on my toilet paper a few weeks ago. Went to the doc and she said I was fine... But I still panic and look at my stool every BM I have because i'm terrified I'll see blood in it... but she told me that bright red blood isn't really an issue, its usually something minor and non-live threating. She said dark blood and black tar like stools are red flags. If you haven't had it since you should be fine. But if you do, don't panic. Just do what I did and go see a doctor so it will put your mind at ease.

---------- Post added at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 ----------

ALSO! Whatever you do DON'T GOOGLE IT. I swear you just type the word blood in the bar then all this cancer stuff pops up... .-.

Yeah, My Stool Has Returned to normal. But Same here ed I still panic and look at my stool and i get relieved when there's nothing there.... And I Promise Not to Google!!

Quote Originally Posted by DpickensUSNavy View Post
    A Few Weeks Ago, I Noticed A long Red Streak Only on the surface of my Stool and I'm Not sure if it was Blood or something undigested. But it is Causing Me A lot of Anxiety After Every Bowel Movement I look in the toilet it's Really Stressing Me out and I'm only 18!!! This Incident only happened one time after that I Never saw it again.
    It could be piles. I had this once and went to my gp right away. I took a blood occult test and the lab found nothing. It could be an intolerance to something. I had corn dogs before it happened to me so it could be any food you're intolerant too. I'm currently looking into celiac Disease because I have a lot of other symptoms besides gastrointestinal. It might be anything from Crohn's or UC, or it could be nothing. Keep a lookout for things but don't let your anxiety make your symptoms more than they really are. Whatever you do, don't freak out and if anything happens a visit to your GP will carry you through the process. If it only happened once its probably not gonna happen again. If it happens everyday, it's chronic, and that's a symptom, and if it happens only when you provide a specific stimulus. For me, some of my symptoms subside so long as I avoid gluten, and that's why I'm convinced it may be celiac.

Whatever the case may be, don't freak out about it, it's probably nothing, and even if it was something, it would probably be something minor and treatable.

It probably come from hemorrhoids

DpickensUSnavy

If the blood was clearly separate from the stool - e.g. on the stool's surface or in the water, this would indicate a source very close to the anus, e.g. a haemorrhoid or a fissure. You should follow up with your PCP routinely to discuss this issue if it persists.

Thread Information