Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: starting citalopram today few questions

Re: starting citalopram today few questions

From personal experience, the last few times, I've logged in here, posted my own experiences, checked the site obsessively for the first few days, then drifted away after six or eight weeks as side effects dwindle and the physiological benefits begin to appear. After three months, I've forgotten about the site! That includes an earlier period on slow release propranolol after running a mile from citalopram (which I took later) because I was unaware of the likelihood of side effects, which were a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by ip View Post
    From personal experience, the last few times, I've logged in here, posted my own experiences, checked the site obsessively for the first few days, then drifted away after six or eight weeks as side effects dwindle and the physiological benefits begin to appear. After three months, I've forgotten about the site! That includes an earlier period on slow release propranolol after running a mile from citalopram (which I took later) because I was unaware of the likelihood of side effects, which were a shock.

so does that mean citalopram worked for you or not ? all anyone ever talks about are the side effects but actually only a small % of people suffer them according to a survey

I am coming off this site anyway, I thought it would help but it just feeds my anxiety more by coming on here

it's a behavioural condition anxiety, you need to learn new behaviours to beat it and coming on here doesn't help with that. I have always known this but been too weak and scared and just keep coming on here asking questions, hardly anyone replies anyway but it's enough for me

good luck to everyone

how do I delete my account ? lol

The meds won't make them go away but will help you recover http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46980 this best thread I have ever read

Quote Originally Posted by insideout20 View Post
    so does that mean citalopram worked for you or not ? all anyone ever talks about are the side effects but actually only a small % of people suffer them according to a survey

I am coming off this site anyway, I thought it would help but it just feeds my anxiety more by coming on here

it's a behavioural condition anxiety, you need to learn new behaviours to beat it and coming on here doesn't help with that. I have always known this but been too weak and scared and just keep coming on here asking questions, hardly anyone replies anyway but it's enough for me

good luck to everyone

how do I delete my account ? lol
    Yes, it worked!

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

Panic attacks included boats, bridges and - worst of all - flying. Not just the act of doing so, but the thought. Since treatment, I have flown a dozen or so times and taken overnight ferries, walked and cycled over bridges without the spiralling panic of "what if I can't cope and jump off/out?"

Unfortunately I've had a relapse (after seven years) but feel halfway to normal now, ie. how I felt three months ago. But I'm confident in restarting Citalopram.

Hi InsideOut

I have been on Citalopram for 16 years, it worked really well for me. I am now switching to Effexor because its not working for me anymore. I can understand how you feel being concerned. It has been a great ssri for me. It stopped all my panic. I slept great on it. Felt good. I wish you so much happiness. Hang in there

---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

I only got a headache mild one in the beginning and some cool dreams. the first week I was on it. No fuzzy head.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information