Thread: Heart questions plz answer. Thanks

Heart questions plz answer. Thanks

I am in major panic. suffer from health anexity and a constatnt worriey.. last few weeks I have been waking on and off with a racing heart during the night. I get it during the day. and have had it on and off for about 2 years now. had all clear tests bloods exrays but conviced I am going to not wake up when I g sleep..

how comme fast heartbeat is waking me up if I am not anxious while aslepp??/

the docs have reassured me I do not or will not have a dangerous arrytihmia..
    but am scared that I will get 1 and just stop breating..

I am worried about sads or sudden arthiymitha death. is this what i have or is it isntnat and would of struk buy now or could it strike with all these fast heat beats. plz resonde and answer if you can thanks for your help

Re: Heart questions plz answer. Thanks

I'm not sure if this applies but I have panic attacks in my sleep. I wake up with a racing heart and I feel like I can't breathe or I'm choking. It's entirely possible that it's anxiety, in fact it's entirely likely. Have you worn a holter?

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

also, if it's the same during the day, does it increase steadily or is the increase in heart rate like the flick of a switch? in other words, do you have 60 beats per minute and then boom 120 bpm? or do you find it to happen a little more gradually?

Quote Originally Posted by KaylaR88
    also, if it's the same during the day, does it increase steadily or is the increase in heart rate like the flick of a switch? in other words, do you have 60 beats per minute and then boom 120 bpm? or do you find it to happen a little more gradually?
    Yup, that's the important question as arrhythmias almost always start and stop suddenly.

If your racing heart gradually decreases to normal, then it's probably anxiety.

erm I can feel it all day mainly seems to get worse after I eat then few hours later reduces?? so its there all day it just dosent spring on then disappears? is that what u mean..

av had all the tests nothing showed no holter thou.. docs think don't need it

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:55 ----------

also don't think I have explained properly..my heart rate is constantly rougly 80-110 it dosent shoot up and the higests its ever went is 115 and that was at a and e. when I say racing heart is just a thudding buzzing fluttering constant feeling I can feel have had it on and off for 2 years now. nothing been found.. so don't think is arrytiytma?

[QUOTE=male1990;1662558so don't think is arrytiytma?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I also have the thuds skipped beats also feel a buzz coming from the chest heart area too. Been through all test everyone says normal and no issues found! I just learn to accept it. It is what it is

Your heart rate is probably elevated because of your anxiety and focusing on it, or its benign tachycardia. I wouldn't worry, your doctor said you're all good. try and believe that.

Thread Information