Thread: Is this an IBS symptom?

Is this an IBS symptom?

I posted this on HA forums as well but I will try here as well as I googled the symptom and IBS came up:

Note:I am uncertain if I have IBS,but I know that stress can be a factor causing it

So recently I've had lower back pain,I know that I was constipated at the time of having this back pain,but I thought it was from straining on the toilet;I've had high bouts of stress recently and that has made my stomach hurt I think...
    anyways I was perscribed miralax and I think today it started to work,however,as I was going to the bathroom I started to feel really hot and took almost all of my clothes off,feeling nauseous and like I was gonna throw up along with cramping that I felt in my back and stomach.Some of my stool was solid and some was loose. I got really scared but the symptoms went away after I went to the bathroom.

Re: Is this an IBS symptom?

According to this https://authorityremedies.com/home-r...owel-syndrome/ "the IBS symptoms commonly include:

• Abdominal cramping or painBloating
    • Constipation
    • Depression
    • Diarrhea
    • Fatigue
    • Gas
    • Headache
    • Mucus in the stool
    • Nausea

A recent statistic has reported that one in five Americans can have a chance of experiencing IBS. IBS is considered as one of the popularly diagnosed disorders. Women can possess higher risk of IBS than men do and the problem starts very often around the age of 20."

So I think yes you may get IBS, but you'd better go to doctor and check for sure and treatments soon!
    In this article they have some simple home remedies for IBS, but I think they just support the treatment, can't remove it totally
    All the best for you!

Re: Is this an IBS symptom?

Constipation can lead to backache,as can stress/anxiety.
    I have IBS and had it for years yet never experienced back ache with it before-Until late last year,I had constant backache and sometimes it hurt around the side too,this lasted a week or so and caused me lots of worry.
    So yes I believe it can be caused by IBS-I read online it was also a symptom and on here there are threads with many others suffering backache and IBS.

Thread Information