Thread: Anxiety and panic attacks after stomach virus

Anxiety and panic attacks after stomach virus

Hello everyone,

it all started October last year. After a night of drinking with some friends at a music show, we got together at a restaurant to eat. I ordered a beer and some buffalo chicken wings. As soon as I took a bite of the wing, it hit me...i felt this terrible weight in my chest and that I could not breathe. I had tunnel vision and sweaty hands but i attributed all of this to my hangover. This was all new to me (never had panic attacks or anxiety before). I was scared so I called my girlfriend while i was driving home. I tried to sleep it off, and the next morning I woke up fine. days went by and my stomach started bothering me until I had another panic attack while eating a cookie. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with gastritis and H. Pylori. I started treatment and months went by but the anxiety remains...I lost over 40 pounds in 3 months since I could not eat(every time i took a bite) I'd get an anxiety attack...ive gottenridof the bacteria inmy stomach but the panic attacks and anxiety still remain...now they even haven when i go out or drive..it's gotten so bad that i cannot leave my house without feeling anxious. Wanted to know if anyone had developed this anxiety after having stomach problems? I used to be a healthy guy working out everyday, traveled the world alone and was very friendly...now i cant even hang out with my friends...any feedback would be appreciated..Ive tried pills but im not a strong believer of them...

Re: Anxiety and panic attacks after stomach virus

Similar thing happening to me. Anybody know why this is?

Vitamin deficiencies can cause anxiety. So can thyroid problems. Time to get some blood work done.

stomach viruses can cause panic attacks. you should read a book called power over panic by bronwyn fox - i've been using it to recover from severe panic disorder, and while not 100%, it's been a great read for me so far.

Thread Information