Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colonoscopy soon

Re: Colonoscopy soon

My prep is a gallon of water mixed with a yucky tasting thickish substance. It is hard to drink without gagging. I am getting more nervous as the day draws closer. The only thing keeping me from cancelling is thinking what if I have something and I don't catch it early. Then I will be sorry. But BELIEVE ME , I am dreading it! Extremely worried about getting the results too. Thanks for the comments and support.

The same with me...I already cancelled one in December but I know I have to do it this time as I am only worrying more about if there is anything wrong. My blood tests are all fine so that gives me some reassurance. I think yours is a few days before mine? I have mine on 18th Feb.

I am just so darn nervous about this. My prep is miXed with a GALLON of water I think! (I pick it up Monday). Even when I am not thinking about it I can feel underlying anxiety. Getting startles and just an uneasy feeling. Even though I am scared, I want to get it over with. I know the relief will be HUGE!! I just hope I don't have polyps and then have to wait for a biopsy!

Me too. I know I am not going to be able to do any work this week. I just wish I could be sedated for the week until it is all over! All I want to do is sleep so that I don't have to think about it.

Annie, is yours on Saturday? Mine is Thursday. I wish I could stop thinking about it. I know rationally it is foolish but I am so scared. I will be so glad when it's over with.

Yes mine is Saturday and I can't stop thinking about it either. I just feel like I can't cope with anything at the moment. Just want to hide in my bed I am so anxious.

I picked up my prep today. It is a huge gallon jug that I have to mix with water. It is PINEAPPLE flavored!!!! I am dreading this so bad, but not dreading the prep as much as seeing if there is something wrong. You hear everyone saying that the prep is the worst part but not for me. Sorry for the continuous posts but I am so nervous and it helps to hear about others. I keep telling myself that there will be no definitive diagnosis immediately after the prep. I am bracing myself for polyps because a few people I know had them . According to everyone they are benign and are removed during the procedure.

I am getting more anxious too. Yes I think they tell you the same day.

I was referred for one by my GP yesterday.

It's actually stressing me out.

I am getting sedated for mine so the actual colonoscopy part isn't worrying me too much, it is the prep before and the wondering about the results that is making me so anxious. I have been out for a walk today to try to take my mind of it. Not actually feeling too bad today.
    Nurseanxiety do you start your prep tomorrow?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information