Thread: Anxiety after a dream?

Anxiety after a dream?

So a lot of my anxiety and OCD is about me potentially harming children. I would NEVER do this but I'm a nanny and I'm always worried I'm going to harm or scar them in some terrible way. Anyways I had a very odd dream. I left my boyfriend in it, and met up with a girl from work who I know is bisexual, and I'm not but I've told my boyfriend I can appreciate girls and wouldn't mind trying it. Anyways- I hooked up with her, and then all the sudden this like 10 year old girl appeared and I remember kissing her once on the lips. Wtf? Why I would I do this. I feel like I knew she was young. I'm grossed out at myself and I feel like a creep. I know it was a dream but it's making me panic.

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

I think the reason while I'm feeling anxiety is because I would never do this to a child, and I'm not understanding why it happened. The only thing I can think of is that I'm at a dance competition currently SURROUNDED by little girls who I love! But I would never ever hurt them. :(

Re: Anxiety after a dream?

Sometimes our dreams don't make sense and we do things in them that we would never actually do.

Dreams and reality are two different things. While dreams can reflect certain current things in our lives (ever dream you had to pee and woke up having to pee?), 99.9% of the time, there's just no basis in reality.

Example: I had a dream I was in my 20's again... even had hair! I saw myself in a mirror and everything! I even remember saying, "I know I'm 58 but this can't be a dream because it's just too real."

This morning I had a dream I had to pee. Went into a bathroom and there were several seals in the bathtub along with a 4" little owl sitting on top of the toilet

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 26-03-17 at 17:25.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    reams and reality are two different things. While dreams can reflect certain current things in our lives (ever dream you had to pee and woke up having to pee?), 99.9% of the time, there's just no basis in reality.

Example: I had a dream I was in my 20's again... even had hair! I saw myself in a mirror and everything! I even remember saying, "I know I'm 58 but this can't be a dream because it's just too real."

This morning I had a dream I had to pee. Went into a bathroom and there were several seals in the bathtub along with a 4" little owl sitting on top of the toilet

Positive thoughts
    This cracked me up and I've been having a rough morning lol. Ever had those dreams where you need to use the bathroom but every bathroom you walk to is filthy or has no door?

Usually I can't remember my whole dreams, just some pieces of it, but some how the feelings of it are still there. They're just dreams you should not worry too much, just let them make your life more colorful That's what I'm doing.

Strong symptoms of OCD and/or Anxiety are actually fearing that we will do things that surround taboo/illegal actions (murder, incest, pedophilia, etc). I think the thing to take away from this dream (besides the fact that dreams do not inherently show who we are as people - very few dreams we have ever reflect reality) is that you were disgusted by the idea of kissing an underaged girl. That proves that, in real life, you would never do such a thing. If, instead, you had woken up and had not been disgusted, then there would be need for worry - however, you obviously have a strong conscience and would never do such a thing. Our brains are weird, and there is no way to control what we dream. As you said, in real life you would never hurt anyone - and that is what matters most. You know who you are, and you just had a really weird dream.

Thread Information