Thread: Anyone relate to 60+age suffering anxiety ?

Anyone relate to 60+age suffering anxiety ?

HI. I have been suffering from panic attacks and anxiety for a few years and currently taking 10mg Citalopram. I must admit that since I found this forum it has made such a difference to me !! I thought I was the only person in the world suffering from it. How sad is that ?? My panic attacks have thankfully stopped now but still get very anxious particularly when I am feeling "under the weather" physically. Which I know is silly because aches and pains come with age. Thanks for reading, as this is my first post on here.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Senior Moment and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Anyone relate to 60+age suffering anxiety ?

Hi, good to meet you and yes, I can relate to senior moments for sure

My anxiety attacks seem to be in the past now fortunately, but suffered alot from my 20s through to the menopause, after which things did start to calm down. I'm severely claustrophobic however, and this has never left me and in certain situations it can still floor me with panic. I also take beta blockers, originally prescribed for high BP and migraines but they also calm down any rogue palpitations which I've had for many years.

I hope we can help you find some peace and maybe have a few laughs along the way.
    Cath ☺ x

I"m not 60 but close to it. Anxiety is awful and I'm glad I found this site. Everyone is friendly. Welcome!

The menopause set it off for me I'm sure of it. Never had anxiety in my life before I hit "The Change"

Thank you all for your replies, it is comforting to know there are some lovely caring people who can relate to how I feel. I think unless you have personally experienced the effects anxiety can have on you, then you cannot truly understand.

Hi SeniorMoment

I am 59 do I count?

to NMP

I have had anxiety for many years . Going thru hell at the moment

We all try and help each other when we can, it's a lovely site with loads of information, knowledge is power!

xBettyx

You certainly do count at 59 Betty !!! Are you taking any medication for your anxiety, if you don't mind me asking ? I am taking a small dose of Citalopram but I do sometimes wonder if the side effects of it outweigh the good it does. Its a vicious circle isn't it. xx

hi and welcomeim 64 this year and a welsh girl myself but have lived in scotland for 36 years now .ive sufferd with bad anxiety for many years i also dont go out alone only with hubby and my dog.im on my 3rd week of trazodone to help my sleep and my anxiety so fingers crossed

It's lovely to know there are some more 'mature' people on this site. I'm 63 and re-started 10 mg Citalopram 18 days ago. I really must accept that I need to stay on it all the time to help with anxiety but it's easy to think you're feeling better after a year or so and want to stop the medication - big mistake! I thought I was doing really well last year but then my Dad died in October and since then the anxious feelings started again, together with not wanting to go out. Side effects for me are feeling really tired, waking early and anxious in the mornings. Hopefully this will soon pass and the medication will start working - which it always has done in the past. Hope you all feel better soon! We oldies must stick together!!

Thread Information