Thread: Just want to sleep

Just want to sleep

I’ve had bad hay fever but now have a virus. Hard to exercise due to asthma. As a result, all I want to do is sleep - as a result, I have a feeling of unreality, anxiety and for a week or so have lust all enthusiasm for anything. I’m scared it’ll spiral into panic and depression. Feel constantly nervy and just want to hide away. The other day my mum’s ashes were buried in a nice little outside service. But I feel lost and empty, and the guilt is starting to envelop me - guilt for not being “me” to my wife and kids. Horrid. Wish I could just have a clear head. Can’t look forward to anything or even do mundane tasks in this state. Everything feels unreal, my head is dizzy and whooshing, and it’s affecting my wife who is scared to say the wrong thing because of my anxiety issues.
    Not sure where to turn. The NHS psychiatrist rejected a re-referral and going private is unaffordable. Just wish I could get out of this and that my mind was clear and didn’t ponder on things. Constant humming in the head. And balance is poor too. Dread every day I wake up.

Re: Just want to sleep

Hi Croydonbee I am sorry to hear this I many years ago used to lie in bed most of the day so can relate to this. trouble is I did this for a long time and cant get those years that I lost back And yes same for me I cant even do the washing up or clean my house it's such a vicous circle to be in I hope things for you improve and soon Whats with this NHS psychiatrist rejecting your referral?? On what grounds? I would go back to your dr and ask what the hell is going on simply not good enough imho.ATB
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 29-04-18 at 16:39.

Re: Just want to sleep

Really sorry to hear you have lost your mum and for your mum.

I understand about the exercise as (until recently) I have had asthma since childhood and the whole worry about breathing when anxiety came along can be challenging. That and the fatigue, lack of motivation, ambivalence, etc that all comes with these anxiety disorders.

I have my periods where I just want to sleep and wish the days away. It has cost me so much time in my thirties. It's a hard what to push through when the other side of the coin is the anxiety about things such as exercise for me as the feelings overlap into long running core belief issues with my anxiety.

Exercise is very good for asthma though. Just do some walking and build up.

Thread Information