Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hypnic jolts and sleep issues.

Re: Hypnic jolts and sleep issues.

Update:

Eye twitch is still present. Annoying really but that's life and hopefully it goes eventually.

Hypnic jerks there somedays but better.

I twitch in other body parts at random parts of the day which is weird. I would sometimes get a random stomach/arms/leg twitch that lasts a few seconds or until i move.

I cant seem to shake the ALS/MS/Briain tumour fear for a prolonged period though. I would be ok and sleep fine for a few days but then i start getting scared and panicky
    really weird. How do i get over these fears? Are they realistic from the symptoms ive described? I just want to enjoy life again.

Anyone?

I think i'm starting to get a breakthrough in my mindset. I really think, for the first time very strongly, that i'm experiencing symptoms that are related to anxiety/stress. Let me explain why...

1) as i said previously...2017 has been a really bad year in terms of health anxiety. Was getting rubbish sleep due to constant worries about 1 health issue after another.

2) in december i finally accepted that i had no major health issue but unlike other times...i didnt go back to immediate decent sleep once i got some relief. This panicked me and i was literally scared of bedtime and a few days later i get my first hypnic jerk? Coincidence? I think not.

2) eyelid twitch came a month ago after a run of terrible sleep and still being ridiculously anxioys? Coincidence? Probably not.

3) now i can feel a twitch at random body parts at certain times thtoughout the day (when resting/sitting). Lasts a second or 2 and stops when i move but i noticed it just after reading loads of stuff about twitching? Coincidence? Probably not.

4) Also noticed hypnic jerks are not as much anymore and lessened when i started worrying about twitching instead. Sleeping better too because of this. Coincidence that the jerks hace decreased when ive not thought/worried about sleeping or the jerks? Probably not.

5) eyelid twitch still there on and off throughout the day but rarely present when my mind is preoccupued? Coincidence? Probably not.

So thats where im at now. Eyelid twitch still present but will go in time. Hypnic jerks occur but most days i sleep without them being present.

I think i'm suffering from BFS that isnt bothersome except eyelid which is annoying but its not intense. Reading tge BFS site where quite a few suffered from hypnic jerks before the twitches makes me believe this is probably my issue. Especially when ive read most of those had health anxiety before the jerks/twitches.

Advice needed guys:

So after 2 months of eyelid twitching that finally went thank God. Still does it every now and again but not very often at all and i'm happy about that. Think CBD oil helped massively with that.

Random body twitches still there but not very often and ive accepted them. Not at all bothersome and last a few seconds or until I move the limb. Just a quick rumble basically.

My brain and train of thought is also good for the most part and i have accepted that I probably don't have anything physically wrong with me BUT i still panic when im about to sleep and i still get hypnic jerks although not every day. Any suggestions on thing I can do?
    Last edited by Kingdawson; 17-05-18 at 12:27.

The only thing I'm anxious about now is the jerks. I've literally come to peace with everything else. I'm very grateful im not googling scary things such as MS, ALS etc etc anymore.

If anyone can give me tips I would be grateful. It's annoying becauae they are not even big jerks...just minor movements but the anxiety associated with them make me feel worse.

My wife has them and I know she's falling asleep because of it. The snoring starts soon after too! ~lol~

Here's the thing. Most everyone has them and it is what it is. You cannot stop your mind and body's involuntary reactions and will just have to come to terms and deal with it

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi guys just need some advice on sleep issues.

So mentally I feel well...doing well generally...only thing I'm now bothered about is sleep issues. I get anxious at night and hope I'm gonna get a decent night sleep. The jerks are there but not every day and they are for the most part minor ones.
    I keep waking up during the night though(not from jerks)...Quite a few times actually. I toss and turn a lot as well. I definitely suffer from sleep state misperception though because there are times I feel I'm awake..then a second later my girlfriend wakes me up complaining about snoring. She actually recorded me snoring for 5 or so minutes when I was definitely sure I was awake....and I do feel fine in the morning generally.

I definitely do wake up quite a bit though so can you guys give me a few tips on improving my sleep? Any decent supplements?
    Last edited by Kingdawson; 04-10-18 at 08:29.

So sadly I'm back..

Took some time off this site and for the most part i've been decent. Sleep has been ok and the twitching has lessened until last week.

I do strength training 5 times a week and a week or so ago I did my usual chest press work out. Thing is...my form isn't fantastic but I've been steadily moving up in the weight I'm pushing. I notice chest presses gives me right shoulder pain but the day or 2 after a chest workout I was getting this odd wrist/forearm pain. It's like a sort of shooting pain that comes and goes (particularly when I move my wrist a certain direction). It's not always there...sometimes it's there and others it's fine. Well a day after the pain I noticed my wrist would twitch if I used my right hand or moved it a certain way (not all the time but it's there).
    A week later the wrist seems better pain wise ( although still feel a slight pain certain times on my wrist and sometimes forearm and the twitch happens sometimes as well.

No weakness or anything but I started to worry a little about ALS again which totally sucks. Anyone give me some assurance to calm me down a little would be great.

Twitching is just tired muscles in essence. You did work outs, you did weights and probably overdid it, you stretched and stressed the nerves, ligaments and muscles - and that is the cause. Simple, sorted.

From the www...

Muscle twitching is also called muscle fascilation. Twitching involves small muscle contractions in the body. Your muscles are made up of fibers that your nerves control. Stimulation or damage to a nerve may cause your muscle fibers to twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Twitching is just tired muscles in essence. You did work outs, you did weights and probably overdid it, you stretched and stressed the nerves, ligaments and muscles - and that is the cause. Simple, sorted.

From the www...

Muscle twitching is also called muscle fascilation. Twitching involves small muscle contractions in the body. Your muscles are made up of fibers that your nerves control. Stimulation or damage to a nerve may cause your muscle fibers to twitch.
    Thanks. You've always been supportive on here and for that I'm very appreciative.

I've been twitching for 10 months and in that period I've never been stronger so I know I'm being silly. I just get so anxious which then leads to rubbish sleep and even more self pity. When I feel/see something new I just panic and never think rationally.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information