Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fear of hot weather

Re: Fear of hot weather

Hello, I suffer from aestophobia, too. Last few years I've been feeling very anxious, from May to the end of August. During those months, my symptoms (feeling dizzy, nauseous, overthinking...) increase and I find it very hard to go outside, since I have agoraphobia.
    I know this topic is a little bit old, but if someone can give me some advice, how to cope with those symptoms? I have emetophobia, so feeling nauseous is my biggest problem.

I didn’t know this was a thing!! I dread the really hot & humid weather too.
    I have asthma so it can affect my breathing - which makes anxiety worse too.

I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that every fear has a name - and that someone else has it too! You’re rarely unique with anxiety are you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tablespoon View Post
    Hello, I suffer from aestophobia, too. Last few years I've been feeling very anxious, from May to the end of August. During those months, my symptoms (feeling dizzy, nauseous, overthinking...) increase and I find it very hard to go outside, since I have agoraphobia.

I know this topic is a little bit old, but if someone can give me some advice, how to cope with those symptoms? I have emetophobia, so feeling nauseous is my biggest problem.

But sorry, I didn’t give you advice.
    Keep cool! Wear cotton, flowing clothes. Keep hydrated with water not alcohol or caffeine or sugary drinks. Get a little personal fan, keep a cool spray bottle of water near you. Take cold showers... there are lots of things you can do to keep cool. But also lots of things you can do to help your anxiety- try both x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well as it's almost the winter now at least here in the UK and Ireland, those who have mega aversion to hot sunny weather can now chill out a bit (no pun intended) and make the most of it up until about the end of March at the earliest!

I used to love going to the beach and lying in the sun for hours when I was a kid but now if it's 30C I start to panic and turn the air con on.
    The humidity here in northern QLD doesn't help as I have a fear of sweating too.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information