Thread: Freaking out....

Freaking out....

I dont know what is going on but I am freaking out...
    I have a sore patch on my tongue, seen a dentist twice and 3 different docs, all of which said they are not concerned but will refer me anyway, I cannot get it out of my head that it is cancer, I just have a gut feeling which I cannot shake off,
    My appointment is in 2 week, I went to the docs last week and she prescribed me some tabs to calm me and again didn't seem concerned about my mouth,
    Over the weekend my left ear (which is the side my tongue is funny) feels full and I have had a blood like taste in my mouth this morning and what feels like a lump in my throat, as you can imagine I am freaking out again,
    I dont know what to do
    Any advice would be appreciated

Re: Freaking out....

Sounds more like an infection than anything else. Is it possible you have tonsillitis? Are your tonsils swollen on one side with white spots on them? It's entirely possible you have a fungal infection in the area which is spreading from your tongue to your throat and ear. These areas are all interconnected.

Do you smoke? What age are you?

Tonge cancer is extremely rare and it is highly unlikely you have it, especially because the doctors and dentists were not concerned and they would know the signs. I hope this reassures you

thanks for your replies
    I am 29, stopped smoking on 1st Jan this yr, I can see small white spots on both sides of my throat but not my tonsils,
    I cant seem to stop fixating on my mouth and throat I have been in tears to the docs and my partner bout it

I think you have a mild bacterial infection, nothing more. White spots are a sign of bacteria, so your sore tongue, blocked ear and swollen throat are very likely to be caused by a bacterial infection. At 29, oral cancer is hardly a remote possibility. The vast majority of oral cancers strike heave smokers over the age of 40.

I understand your concerns but I think you're fine, it really does sound like a bacterial infection which is very very common in the oral areas.

Thank you very much
    I will try some pain killers and see how I get on

Thread Information