Hi, Just had a relapse, and after the last time I took citalopram and had bad side effects I have tended to self medicate with alcohol!!

I then hit rock bottom and finally went to the Docs, broke down, and told her about the amount I drink (about a bottle of wine a night if your interested) so rather then prescribe me anything, sent me to a Drug Alcohol abuse centre then took my blood pressure reading 157/97 which sent me into a panic, and told me to make an appointment for a Cholesterol and liver function test.

Unfortunately my panic and anxiety has gone into overdrive, first blood pressure which she said was high but not enough to worry or prescribe any pills, then the fact I have to take a blood test, I am now worrying the blodd test will come back and tell be I have cancer or something, my appointment is not for 10 days, but then I will be sat worrying about the doctors ringing and telling me I have to come in urgently to discuss them, so god knows what I will be like after I have taken them until I have my appointment to discuss them!!

I do realise I should be worried about my cholesterol and liver more than anything but hey, this condition does not allow for rational thoughts!!!