Thread: Suffering "Skipped Heartbeats"

Suffering "Skipped Heartbeats"

Annoyed/anxious as hell right now. For the last week I've been getting skipped heart beats. PVCs whatever they are nearly every night for the last week or so.. how do you stop them? Prevent them what are some of the best ways? I swear I'm going to die from these I've heard about the problems they can cause. Tonight I've had more than 50 in just the last hour.. I can't sleep.. I don't know what to do apart from freak out tries watching some funny YouTube videos playing games but I'm tired. Trying to sleep and they're preventing me.. what are some possible methods to at least calm them. I'm not on any medication and I suffer GAD and panic disorder along with every other anxiety thing there is!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Re: Suffering "Skipped Heartbeats"

I got these first about 20 years ago. It freaked me out and for several years thereafter I thought I was going to die when I got them. I thought my heart would stop. But I didn't, and here I am 20 years later.

I've found that mine are worse when I don't get very much sleep and am really tired. So try to get some sleep. Take some medication if you have to. Get some rest. Don't push it. And know that a lot of the time these are totally harmless, at least that's my understanding. I'm still here, anyway, and they don't scare me nearly as much as they used to.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I am in the same boat as you. I have always had a few PVCs but more recently found out from a Holter study to have more like 12000 PVCs per day. I am also anxious and the only thing that seems to bring some semblance of relief is reading forums and seeing that there are others out there who suffer the same problem. I constantly have to reassure myself that there is nothing sinister about these and they are benign.

Not sure what else to do.

Thanks for the replies guys. I got comfort just reading your replies and will reread them tonight when I no doubt start suffering from them again. I have stayed away from caffeine all day and just hope tonight my heart chills the feck out. I think it's because I've had an infection there's no other reason for the uptick..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And sometimes there is just no reason, they just happen more frequently. There might not always be an underlying cause, it's just how we are wired. Good luck to you I hope you can not worry about them too much.

I just had a huge flutter that felt like a thud- felt like someone hit me in the chest. I was on the edge of a panic attack before that, so it makes sense that it was adrenaline pumping through me. I can totally related to your heart skips and weird sensations!

Thread Information