Thread: Sleep paralysis?

Sleep paralysis?

Is this sleep paralysis? So i think this was like a dream, but i was probably conscious that i wasnt awake, but i couldnt see anything, everything was black. So all of a sudden i started hearing ringing and 'beeping' noises in my head, and my teeth started clenching quite hard. I got anxious and tried to move but i just wasnt able to. It lasted for only about 7 seconds before waking up.
    of course my HA kicked in again and i imagined 'what if i had a seizure??', it felt quite real. Isnt this just sleep paralysis though??
    Last edited by ibrien07; 31-03-18 at 21:54.

Re: Sleep paralysis?

Sounds like sleep paralysis to me. I've had it before and it is truly scary.

Hi SoScaredAlways, thank you for the reply, I never had sleep paralysis before, so this was quite frightening for me...HA getting the best of me once again lol...
    Anyways thank you! ^^

Yup, I’ll echo that. Sleep paralysis can be terrfying and exhausting, but just remember it can’t hurt you. I used to get it regularly in my teens and twenties, and still get it if I’m particularly sleep deprived as a result of stress. If you can in the moment, concentrate on something like wiggling your toes or fingers. I found that helped get me out of most episodes.

Sounds like sleep paralysis I've had it on a sn off since I was a teen sometimes I'll see what's around me other times it'll be completely black or white it's horrible and I've had times it felt like forever to wake out of it best thing to do is not panic tell you self it's ok and try to wiggle your toes I used to try to scream and all sorts but it would only make it last longer x

Thread Information