Thread: Has anyone else felt like this? It's quite a strange one!

Exclamation Has anyone else felt like this? It's quite a strange one!

Hi Everyone

I have suffered with Anxiety for quite a few years now. I am on medication and it has helped me massively to get my life back on track and be able to return to work and a 'normalish' life!

However, over the last couple of weeks, I have started to worry about how vulnerable and in particular how 'small' I am in comparison to living in such a 'big' world. Has anyone else had an anxious feelings like this? It seems quite strange to be worried about something like this and every time I see any images/videos of large,vast cities throughout the world, I have a feeling of dread

So I am just looking for some advise on whether this is normal part of worrying/anxiety and if so, how has anyone manage to overcome these thoughts?

Thank you x

Re: Has anyone else felt like this? It's quite a strange one!

I'm sorry you have to deal with those feelings. I have read that agoraphobia often comes with generalized anxiety disorder. What you describe seems to be related to that. If you google something like 'agoraphobia gad' you will get a lot of information. I haven't had thoughts like that. I feel for you because one of my favorite subjects is astronomy. My GAD manifests as a constant feeling that someone is going to push me into a meat grinder or I'm always about to fall off the edge of a building. I feel nauseous and covered in burning pins and needles. It definitely can be triggered by thinking about some things too much. For instance, I can't stay on Facebook too long or read too much news unless it is accompanied by humor. For me it helps to realize when I'm going down the path of thinking about something like that for too long and start doing something else to take my mind off it. My best distractions and painting and playing saxophone. Hopefully you have something like that you can use.

I can relate... I think. Recently I’ve been feeling really insignificant. Like I’m plodding along and I’m so small and insignificant in the grand scheme of things. At times it’s making me feel quite low and as though the way I’m living my life isn’t enough. Maybe slightly different to what ur describing but I think I get what ur meaning. The human brain is a nightmare!

Sounds like DP/DR to me.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I can totally relate. I have such a feeling of dread anymore. Dread about going to work, dread staying home, dread going out. I'm just so unhappy with everything. I dont enjoy anything anymore. I felt completely normal up til a couple months ago and it just hit me like a ton of bricks.
    I wish I could go back to my happy self, but it isnt that easy to just shake this feeling. I'm driving my family mad because I never want to do anything. Hardly ever hungry, never sleep well. This isnt living. This is existing.

Luckily my doctor finally described me a SSRI since cognitive therapy isnt helping and I'm at my wits end. I hope things start to look up for you soon!

Thread Information