Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heart Attack???

Heart Attack???

What are "real" symptoms? How do i know if i'm "really" having one since the pain mimics the real thing? This is Really freaky. I have left shoulder pain, middle of the chest pain/heaviness, tingling in arms and hands, pain also on left side of chest.

Re: Heart Attack???

can i add something------DON'T GOOGLE HEART ATTACK! I just did and it didn't help a bit,,,made things worse,,,i know better than that but the urge to do it was too big

I had a heart attack 3 months ago and just knew that the pain wasn't the normal pain I got.

I called 999 and they did an ECG then admitted me to hospital who confirmed I was having a heart attack.

I think you just "know" when it is not right.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I had a heart attack 3 months ago and just knew that the pain wasn't the normal pain I got.

I called 999 and they did an ECG then admitted me to hospital who confirmed I was having a heart attack.

I think you just "know" when it is not right.
    I read your story, how did you know though it was different? would you advise anyone to ring if its '''different" do you think it was from the chrons?

I have had chest pains loads before and mainly on the left hand side by the heart.

This was right in the middle and also my right shoulder was aching.

As I had only been out of hospital (the first time) 2 days following the Crohn's flare-up I guess I thought it was best to get it checked out.

They did not tell me at the time it was a heart attack but when the paramedics arrived they said I really should get it checked out at the hospital. They wouldn't even let me walk down the stairs - I was carried in one of those chairs.

Certainly this pain was not as bad as the pain I have had in the past around the heart area and I guess I just knew it was not the usual pain so needed checking out.

They do not know why I had the heart-attack. It could have been one of many things they said.

I have never called 999 before with chest pain but this time I felt we had to and I was right to do so.

I am not trying to scare people here but trying to explain that I have had chest pain for years and years but this just time it was not something I have had before so decided to get it checked out and I am glad I did.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi panicagain, Just try and take some deep breaths and try and relax as much as you can, see if you feel abit different. I think the 2 above havent helped the situation but they are rite, if it carries on give your gp a wee call just to make sure your ok. Im sure you are. It could be a panic attack, it can have the same sort of feelings. You know your own body, if dont feel rite get it checked. take care x

Hi, ment to add, are you feeling sick, are you breathless? doesn't always come with a heart attack but the patient can get this also. I know a wee bit about medical things. I'm a trained pharmacist. phone the nhs to put your mind at ease x

Ok, so now i'm feeling a bit worse(not sure if its cuz of anxiety or reading about the heart attack experience),,, my dr won't do another ekg on me cuz she doesn't believe its necessary, she's sure its anxiety but its been a year since i've had an ekg! How long can you be having a heart attack? I've been having the pain for 2 days now, can you have a heart attack for 2 days? Dr's around here are pretty weird when it comes to anxiety, they wont just give you a test to make you feel better they hafta really think its necessary. I'm not really having any other symptoms like feeling sick or breathless. Just Totally Scared

You are not having a heart attack and having 100 test wont convince you. The only way to overcome this is to accept that you are ok and any test you had shows you that you are ok.

I know you feel scared and it is a terrible feeling and the thoughts just keep adding to it. Believe me I have had these thoughts and these pains but its nothing more than thoughts and feelings

and if you google again I will send 8 dwarfs with bad dress sense and custard pies to your door

Please trust what others have said to you

Hugs

Hi panicagain, remember that Nicola has a chronic illness (Crohns disease) which is known to increase the risk of blood clots. I'm not saying that Nicola had a heart attack because of her Crohns because, obviously, I don't know that, but it is almost certainly a factor given her young age.

Please try to think about the reassurance that your doctor has given you. Your doctor is so sure that she has refused to give you an EKG, which she absolutely would not do if she thought that you were at the smallest risk of a heart problem - particularly in the States because of the rate of medical litigation. She must be sure, she wouldn't risk a law suit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information