Thread: Mirtazapine to cipralex! good experiences??

Mirtazapine to cipralex! good experiences??

just back from psychiatrist been changed over to cipralex 5mg as mirtazapine was making me too drowsy! i am hoping some people have some good experiences to share... ??? read alot of the bad side effects people are having! just took my first dose so too late to change my mind! xx

Re: Mirtazapine to cipralex! good experiences??

Hi Lajjj

I changed from 45mg of mirtazapine to cipralex in the last 4mths. I had some terrible withdrawals from the mirt to start with but that was because GP unwisely advised me to just stop taking the mirt.

My anxiety was through the roof by the time I'd completely withdrawn and I was very nervous about starting cipralex. It took me a while to get up to 10mg as i had a couple of weeks of bad side effects on cipralex. 5mgs is the starting dose and is not considered the therapeutic dose but I felt more positive even on the 5mg.

But then - wham- one day I felt good, I mean like happy, which was something I'd not felt in years. Mirtazapine took the edge off my depression but Cipralex made me feel euphoric at times and whereas the mirt never touched my anxiety on cipralex I had no anxiety. I could go out, go back to work, commute on the train, travel. I knew it was the drug and so I was sceptical about how long this would last. But it has lasted. I'm happy contented and panic does touch me - sometimes I think something or a situation might make me panic but it's as if the panic can't penetrate through to me anymore. This drug saved my life and the life I have now is truly worth living. Everyone's different and some drugs work for one and not for another - but I hope you have the same experience as me. Good luck x

ah thank you! its great to hear a good experience! makes me feel alot happier about taking it! i was only on the mirt for a week so i doubt it would even really be in my system... only on day 4 of cipralex so its early days but dont feel too bad so far touch wood!! haha xx

i found cipralex a wonder drug for me in the past.. literally i completly stopped worrying and knew what it meant to feel peaceful and relaxed!x

Thread Information