Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

Re: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

Glad I found this guide, very helpful. Hope to see some results soon.

I'm also taking B complex and Thiamine, these were prescribed by the hospital.

I bought 100 grams of this through Ebay from Blackburn Distributions to try. Although it is advertised as "100% pharmaceutical grade", the accompanying Certificate of Analysis (which is more like a Certificate of Conformity) is 99.3% with a 97% minimum, and up to 20ppm heavy metals. This is rather different to the headline.
    Michael
    Last edited by michaelp; 17-02-11 at 15:01. Reason: Corrected

Quote Originally Posted by michaelp View Post
    I bought 100 grams of this through Ebay from Blackburn Distributions to try. Although it is advertised as "100% pharmaceutical grade", the accompanying Certificate of Analysis (which is not a CoA at all, but a specification) is for 97% minimum and up to 50ppm heavy metals. This is rather different to the headline.
    Michael
    Thanks Michael - I have removed the ebay link to it now

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by michaelp View Post
    I bought 100 grams of this through Ebay from Blackburn Distributions to try. Although it is advertised as "100% pharmaceutical grade", the accompanying Certificate of Analysis (which is more like a Certificate of Conformity) is 99.3% with a 97% minimum, and up to 20ppm heavy metals. This is rather different to the headline.
    Michael
    I've just bought the very same thing. I'm not sure I understand the information, does this mean it is not safe to use?

EDIT : Actually, my certificate of analysis says "Heavy Metals Max 0.002% To pass test".
    Last edited by white43; 24-02-11 at 14:12. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by white43 View Post
    I've just bought the very same thing. I'm not sure I understand the information, does this mean it is not safe to use?

EDIT : Actually, my certificate of analysis says "Heavy Metals Max 0.002% To pass test".
    This heavy metal test is just a minimum requirement for any food sold in the EU.

Hi everyone, it seems this thread has taken on a life of its own which is good!

No matter what I read about inositol and peoples' experiences with it, nothing will convince me that inositol is anything other than useful. Every time I have taken inositol it has helped to calm me down. I will admit it tends to upset my stomach if I take a lot and that is the ONLY negative side effect I have ever had from it.

I haven't read any verifiable reports about other side effects but to be honest I don't want to look in case I suddenly start "noticing" anything that I didn't notice before.

It is a testament to insoitol that I keep it safe in a cupboard and take it during blips and other times where I am more anxious or nervous than usual. In fact I'm off to take a teaspoon of it now.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

* Updated this Guide to be more accurate and up to date. Reorganised some sections. Included some recent experience.

* Amended the Guide to confirm you can still buy inositol powder from www.healthmonthly.co.uk.

Hello
    Just to let everyone know that I have just bought some of this from Holland & Barrett. I always assume that they would only sell tried and tested brands so personally feel happier about buying this from them than I would do from eBay.
    Here's the link: http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=42
    I cannot take anti depressants so am hoping this will help me in some way.
    I like the fact that Psychopoet has actually experienced the symptoms and the relief. Too many reports on meds, whether natural or from the docs, are written by people who have no idea what depression and anxiety can actually feel like.
    I will let you know how I get on.
    Thank you again to Psychopoet

Hi Angelfairies

How have you got on with the Inositol, I am thinking of going to get some today from Holland and Barrett.

Em

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information