Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sore tongue and tongue poll

Sore tongue and tongue poll

Does anyone else suffer with this? This is another of my brain tumour/ms fears.

It feels like when you've burnt your tongue with a hot drink, even though I haven't.

I have an obsession with my tongue and have had for a while. The burning thing comes and goes quite frequently and I also get a tingling patch on the left side. As well as this my tongue has a dent in one side which means it isn't perfectly straight and it has ridges all round the side.

What irregularities do other people ahve with their tongues? It may help me see mine is more normal than I think.

Re: Sore tongue and tongue poll

I get burning tongue/throat, very strange, mine also gets a yellow coating from time to time and has ridges and white spots at the back.

Oh and I also have two huge deep lines at the front

burning mouth syndrome

An anxiety problem, pop to dentist to get it checked, i have suffered it for 2 and a half years.

di x

I went to the docs with tongue problems I also had a red blotchy rash on it. They did some bloods because low folic acid in the body causes tongue problems its nothing to worry about its just if you don't eat enough green veg. Some folic acid tablets help get your levels up maybe see your gp see what he recomends I could be wrong I'm just goin on my own experience x

I'm going to see the dentist soon so will mention it. I didn't know they 'dealt' with tongues.

Deep lines can represent a higher temperature especially in the stomach I was told, not sure about it's credibility though.

i had this last week also burning in throat down neck, mine is because of postnasaldrip, doctor put me on antibiotics and its alot better,

I logged on today specifically to look if anyone else had experienced this, so this is very comforting. Throw in the odd twitch and I am experiencing almost exactly the same thing.

I am not overly concerned about it as everything I have read with my logical head on suggests it is completely benign - either burning mouth syndrome or benign fascilations. Of course I wouldn't be on here if the irrational part of my brain wasn't screaming "it's *** you fool" at me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information