Thread: anybody taking prozac ssris and beta blockers??

anybody taking prozac ssris and beta blockers??

my docs have now put me on prozac 20mg again as i was on them in 2009 and seemed to help me so i hope they will help again even though i told my doctor i didnt think they work second time round or so i heard frm some people on here.well my question is obvisoly its safe to take a beta blocker and prozac or the doc wudnt of gave them to me but it wnt have any different effect on me will it? like wnt cause double the side effects or anythnk or make me too dizzy cos im already very lightheaded i need to take these prozac to see if they will help with my emotions and feelings and maybe stop my panic attacks happening but i dnt wana cause myself to get worse i have to take them both daily so will have to space a few hrs in between each one ?anybody got any advice or suggestions for me i cnt think straight just hoping they will be ok ?" thanks for listening i have so many questions asked the doc and she said u will b fine!!bloody hope so ....best wishes love c.xx

Re: anybody taking prozac ssris and beta blockers??

Hi c,

I'm on Prozac for the second time and it's definitely worked for me. I also take propranolol. Have you been on it a while or are you just starting it as well? I take my daily dose of Prozac in the morning at the same time as the first of my 3 x 10mg of prop and don't have any probs.

Maybe you could write down all your questions and go and ask a pharmacist to answer them? x

Oh cheers janec ive only been on the bisprolol beta blocker for 4wks tuesday so failry new to me and havent even started on the prozac as im lightheaded alot which i think is frm the beta blocker dropping my blood pressure as i always have slightly lower blood pressure anyay so i guess thats it. gna try the prozac tmoro i shall take my betta blocker at 7 then prozac at 10am and see what happens as jus the beta blocker alone isnt helpin much with the anxiety feelings .
    i took the prozac b4 and it was alright for me,and was on them for 5mnths just hope it is this time .and it doesnt make me feel even more dizzier... thanks for replying hun means alotxxx

Im on 2 x 20mg Prozac and 3 x 10mg Propranolol - 4 weeks in now. Still struggling with anxiety & panic though! Having some periods where I now feel better but mornings are an absolute pain - getting out of bed especially.

yes its fine to take both dont worry

Thread Information