Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

I worried I have MS with the pains I am having, I do suffer from NF myself which something completly different, things may mirror symptoms. I have brain scans due to my having NF and also a spinal mri because the doctor wanted to nosey around a curve back. I had mri scan abdominal and other scans in the past because I thought i had bowel cancer 5 years ago.

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

because tablets don't work to clear the pain. sometimes it may be my diet or lack of vit d, but that is maybe the case, but you got to rule out cancer, ms etc

Does anyone know anyone on here/ stories who had ms like symptoms diagnosed with anxiety- and had them actually disappear/ “cured”/ healed—I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind that all my symptoms (paresthesia, urinary issues) are caused by anxiety. My neuro chalked it up to anxiety but sometimes I feel that’s a wastebasket diagnosis when they don’t feel like investigating further. I mean I deal anxious but not abnormally so until all the symptoms started. Now I’m living in constant fear. Is there anyway we can no for sure our symptoms are really caused by anxiety?

HI, does anybody have unequal pupils? (sometimes)
    I notice it only sometimes in the morning...and then maybe sometimes in the evening, especially after the hot bath. I notice it from The beginning of February...eye doctor and neuro both OK. i think it could be from the anxiety which started 1 year ago..

Quote Originally Posted by zebra View Post
    HI, does anybody have unequal pupils? (sometimes)
    I notice it only sometimes in the morning...and then maybe sometimes in the evening, especially after the hot bath. I notice it from The beginning of February...eye doctor and neuro both OK. i think it could be from the anxiety which started 1 year ago..

YES!

I get this shit all the time since I started having my issues about a year ago as well. I only ever notice it in my bathroom and usually after I get out of the tub.

How strange. At first I was really concerned about it but then I noticed my girlfriend gets this a lot too and that kinda calmed me down. Also had clear neuro diagnosis like you...

I think we're all just going crazy.

This post has calmed me down so much during my times of peril. My problems started about 10 days ago, when I realised I had a pain in my upper left abdomen. I googled it, and convinced myself I have pancreatitis. After days of stressing out, I got a lump in my throat, started getting random muscle twitches and cramps around my body, felt a tightness in the back of my head and neck, felt tight in my calves and arms, had a stomach ache, felt brief numbness in my legs and arms, felt invisible tremors when going to bed and started seeing black eye floaters. Obviously, during the middle of all these episodes i convinced myself I have MS. After some tests with my GP, he says there is no way I have MS, and that it is near unheard of in my ethnic origin.

I was relatively okay after my GP visit, but I realised that after a hot shower my calves get really tense and tight. Now I am worried that I do have it, because of that 'hot bath test' for MS. My friend told me the tightness is just because I have been tense for days, and whilst the hot shower relaxes your muscles, it gets very tight after you finish the shower.

Can anyone confirm this? Because I am freaking out!

Hi all

I hope you are doing well

I really need some advise tonight I’m new to the MS worries but certainly not new to anxiety

For the past month I have been living in a terrible fear that I have MS

I have had internal tremors that just won’t let up !! Apart from 2 tremor free days last weekend

Back in October I went to hospital with numbness in feet and hands and now it’s back also have tingling over my back and shoulders I’m convinced this is a sign

My muscles ache and I am exhausted

I’m so sick of feeling like this the anxiety is so debiliting

Thanks for any input

Hi There
    Ive been going through this for about a month now, it started off i got a numbness down my left arm and of course i went to google and ALS came into mind because its a very big fear of mine, Within a week symptoms of tingling all over my body like EVERYWHERE along with numbness, left arm feels like its not there, I feel like i am shaking inside, sometimes it feels like Im floating when im walking like the sensation is gone in my legs, ive a constant lump in my throat and it feels like when i grab it it clicks, under my tongue feels like its swollen all the time and is kinda painful, im getting pains everywhere especially in my thumbs, hands, wrists and feels like my bones are creaking. Ive been to the doctor 3 times all being cleared of stuff like ALS, MS, Vitamin defiecency and arthtitus. Like even when I was scrolling through here my thumb was going crazy on the mouse.I keep lifting things, clenching my fists really hard, jumping up and down really high, all just to see if I have strenght still, Im 23 and I just want to know is all this normal like can everything litterally just come upon me within a few days. I see that things wrote on this is a bit old so hopefully There is somebody that can help me ive never felt anxious really about anything and never seen myself ever being like this Ive stopped playing sport as like I actually cant see myself being able to so I really need to beat this quickly. Thanks
    Last edited by jimmer; 28-01-19 at 15:14.

Does anybody know if it's a common presentation for MS to have weakness in the legs and arms, plus dizziness and tingling sensations that come up randomly and last a few seconds? I always thought MS symptoms were dependent on lesions and would affect a certain area in a more serious way and not various areas in milder ways?

Hi everyone new to this sort of thing,

I’m a chronic worrier and have always thought I’ve had some sort of life threatening or altering disease. The scariest is I’ve been experiencing this weird sensation in my chest, and my both arms and legs. With my chest it feels as though there is pressure running from my sternum up to below my chin that flares up at times. Has anyone experienced this? It’s not painful just more uncomfortable and annoying...My arms and legs (both) have also felt heavy, almost as if they’re floating. This is constant and hasn’t subsided once in the past two weeks. It’s taken over my life because I have completely convinced myself I have MS. I’ve recently gotten a full bout of blood work - awaiting results. I’m going to see the GP tomorrow and point out my fear of MS. Just wondering have people have the symptoms I’ve outlined...

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread Information