Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Changed from Cit to Sertraline

Re: Changed from Cit to Sertraline

Quote Originally Posted by alfredo1 View Post
    littlemadam, i love your positivity! x
    Gald I'm not coming across grumpy, cos wow, I'm, feeling so utterly sh*t this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Mo B View Post
    It was because I was going on holiday that i didnt want to rock the boat (or plane in my case) upping the dose in case of disaster. I am a side effects watcher of the highest of highest calibres! Am now glad I did this as it gave me another couple of weeks to get used to the sert. We are all impatient to be better and become normal again. Now I keep glimpsing normality it sometimes panics me LOL it feels like something is missing sometimes.!! x
    Agreed on the something missing thing, I actually have found it fills with a depressive state when the anxiety is not there, but then the drugs are there for that too xxx So glad you are getting there hun xxxx

Well morning great felt good. afternoon rubbish. Thanks for all your support. at least had little n. id normality than all day anxiety x

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Can it take several months to feel norm? Leaflet and doctor says takes 4 weeks to feel better! On a downer as felt great yesterday and this morning x

Hi everyone how are you all doing today?

It's my birthday tomorrow and am dreading it so much. Feel so crap and anxious I had to take a diazepam last night as I was an absolute wreck.

Feeling a bit stronger today, but as per past experiences know it's going to get worse before it gets better.

So come on, I want to hear some good news What's going on?

xxx

Hey sweetie - what are you anxious about??!!! Getting older LOL........

Its probably the meds kicking in hon, like you say, it get worst before getting better .

Well, i took my first ven yesterday - didn't feel any major changes during the day. I didn't sleep well last nigth - woke at 3.30am and didn't really go back properly then the alarm went off at 6.40am grrrrr.

Had bad sweats in the night too, but I've got a cold so that could be something to do with it.

I'm having a good day though today. I don't feel so anxious and dread. I don't know if its all pshycological but I'm going with it!!!!!

Hope you feel better hon. Remember breathing techniques for anxiety x

Thanks hun xxx

I'm actually not anxious about getting older, a woman blossoms in her 30's is more self assured yadda yadda, apparently, so that's fine

OH has just gone weird on me, no messages at all hardly yesterday and totally changed. Which then for me brings the feelings of dread and he doesn't want to be with me, he's going to leave me on my birthday kind of thing. Or he's not coming round now tomorrow. I am relying on him for happiness and it is terrifying. It really is paralysing and I just cried and cried last night, I know it seems pathetic, just wish my brain would see that rather than make me ill

Wooo to day one of Venlafaxine!!! Do you know how long it takes to kick in? Sorry you had a crappy sleep, it is incredible what these drugs do, in terms of vivid dreams, sleeping patterns everything, so atleast it shows you are taking them in and your body is adjusting. Fingers crossed these work for you!!

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH just want to curl up and not be on this planet right now xxx

Yes, well, I’ll be 35 and I can tell you I’m certainly not self-assured….trying though!! LOL

OK, now, put your CBT into practice……Rationalise your thinking. Just because OH has not texted you as much does not mean that he is going to finish with you on your b/day. You are ‘dramatizing’ (something I learned in CBT) lets reflect on your weekend last weekend. Didn’t you say that you had a great time and that he loved you very much.

Could it be that he’s not texting so much coz he is busy at work/doing something else etc.

He is not going to blow you out on your b/day. And if he does, then he is not the kind of bloke you want to be with.

Also, your meds are probably making your anxiety/thinking more over exaggerated.

I really know how it feels because I used to make things up in my head that my ex was seeing someone else. I would make up the stories and convince myself they were real – but course they weren’t!!!!

Hello everyone,

Jo give 100mg time and try not to do too much at the gym, gentle excercise is best especially if you're still feeling tired, see your GP first before you upp your dosage, remember what happened the last time when you took too much???????!!!!!!!!!

Crazyscot it's sounds as though your body has become resistant to sert now,let us know how you get on at your GP.

Kerrie, you sound so positive, already making plans to get a new job that is progress!!!!! it shows you're looking forward. The best revenge you can have on those who wrong you is SUCCESS!!!!!!!
    get yourself sorted first before looking for a new fella.

Littlemadam, yes but your CBT into practice, maybe your fella can't find his phone charger, or even his phone, something daft like that.

My GP is referring me to the hospital just to be on the safe side, rather than just blame the side effects of the Sert, as my mum had bowel cancer 15 years ago, she made a complete recovery and she's in her 80's now.

Mo, you are doing soooo well and yes the biggest side effect of this illness and the meds is 'impatience', I too can see glimmers of normality

Keep posting ladies

Lesley
    xxxxx

Wow you guys been busy.

Hope you having good day today everyone.

Sure OH just busy. men go in their cave.

my day okish. spoke to medical friend and the said i should give it a go.in morning instead taking at night. what do you guys do
    x

Hi all
    Im well into my 9th week on Sertraline continuing to feel ok ( with occasional blips) went out shopping today and found myself actually enjoying it! I am going to do a bit more every day. Actually thinking I may be able to go back to work in time. They have said I can have a phased return on whatever my doc recommends. The thought is still frightening but not as much as it was weeks ago. I have found something on another thread which is absolutely brilliant and recommend that you all read it. http://nothingworks.weebly.com/ sorry cant remember what the thread was. After reading this I am going to stop googling anything other than things not related to health/anxiety !! Its very similar to Claire Weekes philosophy but is spot on and humorous too.

Hope everyone else is ok. If youre having a bad day this will pass if you dont give it too much credence and accept it as part of your recovery. Hard I know but possible.x

Try again (stupid Internet)!!!!

Hi Ladies
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLEMADAM Hope you have a good one. Jo hope you're ok today, I take mine at night. Mo B, the thought of work will be a bit daunting, but like your shopping trip, you may enjoy it.

has anyone heard from CathyCrumble??????????

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information