Thread: Burning in throat

Burning in throat

Hi everyone. Does anyone have the experience of a burning in the throat? I know its often associated with stomach acid and I do have acid reflux but I take 20mg omeprazole and gaviscon at bedtime and its pretty well controlling the acid feelings. So no more acid shooting up when you burp or bend over. I can eat quite normally.....I eat quite a healthy diet anyway....but this one symptom has me very scared as it hits as soon as I wake in the morning. I wake early and I am aware of looking for the sensation. I sometimes feel like a lump in the throat and sometimes this weird burning feeling. I am scard its acid....I sleep propped up drink lots of water and if I swig gaviscon it doesnt have any effect. I am wondering if it is actually a psychosomatic symptom rather than a physical one. Or maybe part of the globus symptoms. s soon as I get up and eat something it goes. I have bad HA and it is very much focussed around my stomach. I have been like this most of my life on and off. I get other random stomach dyspepsia symptoms too. Im awaiting referral to GI and had a normal endoscopy 6 years ago for similar although not exactly the same symptoms. I guess I am hoping for some similar experiences so I can work on convincing myself this is just another part of my anxiety. Thanks everyone.

Re: Burning in throat

It does sound like it could be reflux. But I’m no doctor, so it’s good you’re getting it checked out.
    Let us know how you get on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information