Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dizziness, off balance, feel drunk .... anxiety or actual illness!! Plz help x

Re: Dizziness, off balance, feel drunk .... anxiety or actual illness!! Plz help x

Hi,

I got that like twice in the last 2 months.. I was watching TV, laying down and when i got up.. it's like i was drunk. Head feels compressed. The doctor asked me to get an MRI. That is way too expensive. Do you think consulting an ENT would help?

Man.. i cannot even begin to imagine what you must be going through. Stay strong!

Re: Dizziness, off balance, feel drunk .... anxiety or actual illness!! Plz help x

Did you find a solution to this I am having very similar on going for months now and its driving me nuts, walking is horrible the only thing that is sometimes better is when I out on my mountain bike.

had abx for sinus infection and epley but no joy :(

Guys! Just remember this not matter if your not worrying at that specific point does not mean it nots there you brain has a central coping mechanism which mean only about 25% of your anxiety you actually feel even when you are worrying so that mean you have at least 25% less worried at the time but its not completely gone. which mean you still have enough anxiety to make up symptoms as of me writing this I am dizzy as well :(.

Hope you get better soon.

- Best Wishes John

Edit : I get that compressed head thing as well the doc said it needs to be much more severe before they would take me to an MRI I would not be able to go. I would be far too scared.
    Last edited by JohnDouglas; 29-05-14 at 15:14.

Ive had this on and off for a while. Im grtting it today tok...i stand there and i feel like im moving/ swaying its awful..i do kno i breath funny with my anxiety so mayb thats the reason. It really does freak me out tho im startin to worry about more serious things now :(((( maybe i will ask for scan. Really getting me.down i just want my life back x

Quote Originally Posted by fairyclairy View Post
    Heyy,
    To cut along story short... im emetophobic, have been for the past 11 yrs, since i was 11! This has now turned into a fainting fear and general health anxiety... panic attacks everyday, generally shit feeling at the mo...

For the last few weeks iv been feeling really off balance.. like im drunk! It gets worse when sat there thinking about it.. i try to distract myself bt its still very strong in my brain to keep the symptom there!

Im so worried i could be actually ill .... how can i feel off balance all the time if im not anxious all the time, surely i must be ill??

Im temped to check google, but know thatl make things much worse!

Im just fed up now... everyday im off balance and feel like im wobbling all over the place (when im obviously worse!)

Please, if anyone else has had this, plz help! Im going insane.... is this a symptom if anxiety??

Thankyou in advance xx
    Did this ever go away for you?

January 24th I woke up still drunk from a night out. I then had a panic attack after a health scare (blood on the toilet).

Went to A&E to get checked out, all is fine. However whilst waiting in A&E I felt really nauseous and felt like I was swaying on a boat.

It went away shortly after the ordeal but then came back 2 days later.

For the past 8 months have had this dizziness/swaying on a boat feeling/feeling like I'm in a dream or that everything is surreal.

It seems worse in narrow corridors or smalll rooms.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMonkey92 View Post
    Did this ever go away for you?

January 24th I woke up still drunk from a night out. I then had a panic attack after a health scare (blood on the toilet).

Went to A&E to get checked out, all is fine. However whilst waiting in A&E I felt really nauseous and felt like I was swaying on a boat.

It went away shortly after the ordeal but then came back 2 days later.

For the past 8 months have had this dizziness/swaying on a boat feeling/feeling like I'm in a dream or that everything is surreal.

It seems worse in narrow corridors or smalll rooms.

Anyone?
    Hello mate,

Did is ever go away with you?

Been taking 10 drops of clonazepan for some months and it went away.

Happened something at work this week and now the boat/drunk feeling is back.

:(

I’ll try to increase it to 15 drops and see if it does make any difference.

Hi Jonny,

Unfortunately its never went away. Sometimes I think it goes away but it actually doesn't. I've had it 2 years now.

I can't feel it/it goes away when I'm in motion (like driving) and then when I step out it can be worse.

How about you? Do you find it goes away when driving or in motion?

How long did it ago away for when you starting taking that medication?

Oh my god, I’m having exactly the same thing now. Going to the doctor tomorrow and I’m so stressed out about this

Hey fairy or anyone else in this thread,

Has anyone overcome this yet, i have been feeling this drunk off balance feeling for 2 months straight now and its horrible, i have had every test under the sun and all came back normal but i still feel this crap.

Don't really want to take antidepressants for anxiety because of side effects but i am trying CBD oil but thats not helping much either and i feel like its something other than anxiety

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nhelen79 View Post
    Oh my god, I’m having exactly the same thing now. Going to the doctor tomorrow and I’m so stressed out about this
    how'd you go nhelen

If you haven't yet, see an ENT. Inner ear problems can cause that feeling, and cause anxiety. I have vestibular neuritis and the best way I can describe it is feeling drunk a lot. I've also been extraordinarily anxious compared to usual. It wasn't identified after many tests until I "failed" a caloric test.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information