Thread: Acid Reflux/GERD - Horrible Throat Pains

Acid Reflux/GERD - Horrible Throat Pains

Does anyone else with GERD/Acid Reflux ever experience a really really dry throat that causes problems such as it's sore when eating and the like.

My throat feels exactly like it does before I start to come down with things but it's been like this for days and it definitely feels acid reflux related. It now 'feels' to me that my esophagus is really starting to take a hit due to my acid problems - has anyone ever had esophageal problems due to acid reflux?

I have an appointment with the doctor on Thursday to look into it further but it is quite discomforting, stressing and sore.
    "You are trying to do all the right things, just don't "battle" it out. Try and carry on with normal day to day things and don't shrink from your anxiety. Remember that's it's acceptance that brings recovery. If you've been in a bad place for so long then old habits die hard, but they do die."

Re: Acid Reflux/GERD - Horrible Throat Pains

Also seems it aggravates a wheezy chesty cough and the like as well...
    "You are trying to do all the right things, just don't "battle" it out. Try and carry on with normal day to day things and don't shrink from your anxiety. Remember that's it's acceptance that brings recovery. If you've been in a bad place for so long then old habits die hard, but they do die."

Anyone?

Thanks.

Can't help sorry. I get indigestion a lot but not a dry throat - I just feel like I can't swallow

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information