Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
You're not schizophrenic. Like a poster said, the people with schizophrenia rarely know they have it. To them, the hallucinations seem real.

There is a disorder called Maladaptive Daydreaming...but unless you are spending inordinate amounts of time daydreaming from where it takes away from your other activities, I doubt you have that either.

What you're describing sounds more indicative to OCD. A lot of people with OCD spend massive amounts of time worrying about conditions that they don't have--medical, mental or otherwise.
I would tend to agree with you on that as I have a very good friend who has been diagnoised as schizophrenic 15 years ago who many times has told me their life story that doesn't match anything the OP has said. I suffer from OCD but wouldn't put it down to what you say as such but would say it's excessive behaviour like in my case hoarding clutter etc or in some people's cases where they have to clean say the kitchen floor 20 times a day just to make sure it's clean that's OCD in my book