Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips for bedtime? What do you do?

Re: Tips for bedtime? What do you do?

That's a good answer Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    That's a good answer Terry
    My inflatable sheep has a puncture now though

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    My inflatable sheep has a puncture now though

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

I strangely find things like apple and cinnamon incense sticks really helpful because they're calming, I do three types of meditation a day(and one of twice) so when its time to unwind I find five-ten minutes really helpful, I drink nighttime pukka tea or sometimes horlicks which I also find helpful, using electronics can sometimes backfire as you'll probably stay up enveloped in it and the next thing you know you've been watching mock the week until 3 am (totally not speaking from experience here ) reading books are a great idea also I do that sometimes x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Quote Originally Posted by DoraFlora View Post
    I put a few drops of lavender essential oil on a kleenex and put the kleenex in my pillowcase or under my pillow. Doesn't always work, but smells nice!
    Also, I listen to a guided meditation by Belleruth Naparstek or sometimes my spouse is the most patient person ever and will read outloud to me. (usually he's reading something I have no interest in so I fall asleep)

I have a hard time staying asleep lately though...
    Yeah I agree! Not everytime these tips can bring me to sleep. Just a slightly thought of sth can keep me awake through the night :'(

These are great tips! Thanks everyone!

Hello Frank - Don't worry about the scope. It's a breeze. Why are you having it? Just that time?

As for the sleep. If you're up to it go for a long walk after supper - at least a couple of miles. I've always been a light sleeper but exercising between supper nad bedtime does me a world of good.

N.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankC View Post
    As I battle my anxiety over an upcoming colonoscopy I find I even get worried about how I am going to sleep.

Always been a light sleeper and now if I get up to go to the washroom or let the dog out... I seem more susceptible to anxiety and panic when groggy.

I drink caffeine free tea now including "Sleepy Time" but if I feel too awake, I end up taking Gravol or Nytol which I would prefer not to do.

How do you folk deal with this? Any tips?

Thanks!
    Benadryl (Diphenhydramine). Available over-the-counter for sinus allergies, but apparently sometimes prescribed for insomnia as well. It's safe to take long-term and non-habit forming, according to Dr Google (the only doctor I can afford).
    I've been taking it pretty regularly to get to sleep for about twenty years now. If I'm sleepy, I don't take it. if I'm restless and anxious, I do.

Thanks for the tips.

There is a herbal tea called Dr Stuart nighttime which has passionflower which I find very effective for sleep. Cutting out all stimulants including caffeinated tea has helped as has Ashwagandha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information