Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diazepam

Re: Diazepam

We had a lecturer over here talking about natural remedies and she opened a box on stage and said "The snake is missing but don't worry about it cause it's natural"
    Made me laugh.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    We had a lecturer over here talking about natural remedies and she opened a box on stage and said "The snake is missing but don't worry about it cause it's natural"
    Made me laugh.

That's what you call an icebreaker!

Crocodile Dundee said they just gave him gas.

well terry ive never heard of natural benzos wow for want of a better expression i had always thought of them as being a man made chemical man i feel so uneducated :(

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

i would just like to say i think diazepam is a wonderfull medicine im well aware of the potential for abuse hence the problem i have,my doctor wont prescibe it for such reason,to witch has become a major problem for me as its the only medicine that i feel helps me i can take 20 or 30mgs sometimes even just 5mgs and be fine for weeks at a time before i feel the need to take any again yet trying to get a doctor to understand that is near impossible and getting one 2 prescibe for me now is virtually impossible ,therefore i have had to try and source them on the internet witch is far from a good idea,does anyone else take diazepam like this IE. 1 or 2 every couple of weeks?
    Last edited by The G Man; 03-07-17 at 15:57.

I always find it ironic that doctors are loathe to prescribe small doses of diazepam to people who are well aware of the addiction issues yet are quite happy to prescribe ever increasing doses of (multiple) antidepressants...with the "discontinuation" risk on withdrawal.

yes unfortunately that seems to b the way with the doctor,it comes down to the old ego trip as i do get the feeling there a tad miffed at the fact im asking or telling them what i know to make me feel and have a better day 2 day life but as its coming from me and not them mmmm who knows just a feeling as there quick to offer you those most wonderfull of treatments that take 4 weeks and up 2 work!

It seems to be a low dose to me. I do know they are very addictive and with drawing is difficult. If you need them to get through a crisis so be it.

My room mate takes 5mg a night to sleep. He has no problems with it. Work with your doctor and see what works for you.

I wouldn't worry about taking 2 mgs of diazaopam. Its the smallest prescribed dose. What are you prescribed it for? Generalised anxiety? Panic attacks? Help with side effects of starting a more long term drug like an anti d? Sorry for asking just seeing if it is a short term or long term type of treatment. Even though youre not meant to take it long term, doctors do prescribe it as and when quite often and I got my hands on it quite easily.
    I personally was using it for panic attacks I was getting whilst on an internship type thing. I think the pressure of knowing I had to succeed and be there everyday made me get a bit panciky. I always would have had to fight the panic before but after tryign 2mgs of diazapam I thought my life had been sorted.
    It is a great drug and at 2mgs subtly took the edge off for me and if I felt a panic attack coming I would take one and it would disappear after 30 mins.
    Unfortunately, I was no longer able to fight the panic without having one and it made my panic attacks seriously bad. I was probably taking 2-6 mgs mon to frid for 5 weeks when it started to backfire then and thats not a large amount so just be careful. Its such a nice drug its too easy to get attached to.
    Go for it though if its only for a small while

Quote Originally Posted by Turnaround00 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about taking 2 mgs of diazaopam. Its the smallest prescribed dose. What are you prescribed it for? Generalised anxiety? Panic attacks? Help with side effects of starting a more long term drug like an anti d? Sorry for asking just seeing if it is a short term or long term type of treatment. Even though youre not meant to take it long term, doctors do prescribe it as and when quite often and I got my hands on it quite easily.
    I personally was using it for panic attacks I was getting whilst on an internship type thing. I think the pressure of knowing I had to succeed and be there everyday made me get a bit panciky. I always would have had to fight the panic before but after tryign 2mgs of diazapam I thought my life had been sorted.
    It is a great drug and at 2mgs subtly took the edge off for me and if I felt a panic attack coming I would take one and it would disappear after 30 mins.
    Unfortunately, I was no longer able to fight the panic without having one and it made my panic attacks seriously bad. I was probably taking 2-6 mgs mon to frid for 5 weeks when it started to backfire then and thats not a large amount so just be careful. Its such a nice drug its too easy to get attached to.
    Go for it though if its only for a small while
    I've been taking 5mg 2 x daily for 14 yrs without any probs

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Have you ever missed a dose by mistake, Phill? I just wonder what would happen if you did after so many years of regular use.

Gosh that is a long time. Do you mind me asking what you take it for?
    I think it goes without saying that you are addicted now. You may not have any problems now but if you ever decide to stop it thats when the problems will happen. Its a normal withdrawal reaction and because diazapam stays in your system for weeks and weeks withdrawal can be long and nasty....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information