Thread: What I have done to help.....

What I have done to help.....

Hey,

I'm new here. I have suffered with health anxiety and anxiety symptoms over the last year or so. To start with they were unbearable and I was seriously struggling with daily life but I changed a lot of things in my life and they have helped and I get a lot of good days nowadays. This is what I have done, it is all simple stuff.....

Make sure that I always get my 5-a-day.

More or less stopped my caffeine intake, I used to drink a stupid amount of tea and coke but not anymore.

Drink 2-3 litres of water everyday.

I hardly ever drink alcohol nowadays and I NEVER drink it in excess anymore.

Eat a lot healthier during the week - do what I want at the weekends.

Aim to get a good nights sleep every night.

Leave work on time (I was working stupidly long hours).

I try to exercise but I struggle with that.

Do breathing exercises.

Do muscle relaxation exercises.

Talk about it.

Positivity.

I also attended C.B.T. which helped enourmously.

I've not beaten this anxiety shizzle by a long way but all of these things seem to help with me. It is when I start becoming complacent and maybe stop doing a few of these things that I seem to start getting the physical symptoms again.

Re: What I have done to help.....

Really like this, it's always good to hear about somebody being able to do these things xxx

Quote Originally Posted by GS83 View Post
    Really like this, it's always good to hear about somebody being able to do these things xxx
    These things work for me and they turned my days from unbearable to good. Like I say I do get complacent when I have had a few good weeks with no symptoms and start reverting to my old ways and then I crash, usually big time for a few weeks!!

Try to sleep.

Thread Information