Thread: Sun is shining and I'm able to work

Sun is shining and I'm able to work

Just wanted to throw a bit of happiness out here!

I woke up late and was slightly annoyed at myself, but forgave myself.

The sun is shining and I felt happy, effortlessly! It makes such a profound difference.

I have been able to work, with little breaks, since about 12.30 today. 4.5 hours - that's really good for me. I have glandular fever and my concentration can be quite low. So I'm really happy that I've managed to get things into gear.

And there's something else going on... the work seems easier. It feels like swimming through treacle sometimes - I'd need to summon up so much energy to do the work well. But now, I look at what needs to be done, and I can separate out just the next few steps from the whole big picture. I can see beyond the first step, which is what I've been stuck on, and I feel less overwhelmed about the big picture too. I'm assigning less vital importance to the work, and feeling a bit more free and easy about things.

I think the shift in consciousness has come because I genuinely feel well, and the 'brain fog' of glandular fever is lifting. The time ahead - I feel hopeful that I'll be able to be thinking during the time ahead, and not so unwell that I can't work. I feel that I have time that can be used, rather than needing to rest rest rest.

I'm excited and hopeful that I'll be able to start working again properly

Re: Sun is shining and I'm able to work

A great post lior, you've come a long way...as have I

ISB x

Re: Sun is shining and I'm able to work

I think you are right, lior. I've felt a cognitive shift from Mindfulness in the past and it was so clear to me when it happened, like something just went "click" and things changed.

Thread Information