Thread: Why did this happen.........

Why did this happen.........

Hi all

Since I have accepted my Anxiety things have improoved and I had four really good days. I thought I had been cured......

What is really annoying though is that out of the blue and for no aparent reason I started to tremble and and started feeling negative again. I dont understand why this should happen as up until this I was not anxious and was starting to feel very happy.

Why do I get symptoms when I dont feel anxious........

Please help
    Brian

Re: Why did this happen.........

you in yourself might not feel anxious but our subconscious never stop giving out these feelings,thats te problem i am the same,,have great days then bang its back again ,,do you take meds for it ,,keep on doing what you have ,,keeping busy so you dont have time to think

Thast what happens, we trundle along, happy as anything, then all of a sudden, bang its back.

I find that if I think I am happy, that I will somehow jinx myself if I am not thinking or worrying about my health. I am getting back to the gym tonight. Need to get positive!

x

I can and will get through this....

fate, karma or pure, dumb luck

Quote Originally Posted by gypsywomen View Post
    you in yourself might not feel anxious but our subconscious never stop giving out these feelings,thats te problem i am the same,,have great days then bang its back again ,,do you take meds for it ,,keep on doing what you have ,,keeping busy so you dont have time to think
    Hi, I was prescribed meds but have not started them, as I am determined to beat this without getting hooked on pills.....I am due for a counselling session on thursday, but not sure of what will happen or if it will help....

I am still getting funny jolts of pain across my head and up my temples at times...these I can ignore and keep busy, but the trembles and shakes knock my confidence back a bit

Brian

When I first came here I found a post that said this about anxiety...and I like this a lot...it makes sense!

What basically happens is that over a period of years we employ bad anxiety management and out anxiety threshold is slowly increasing...in other words the rain barrel is filling up! Now, because this happens so gradually we are actually unaware that our anxiety threshold is increasing...if we where able to tranfer our anxiety level onto somebody with a normal level though it will feel incredibly intense to them.

So, we keep filling the rain barrel up and all the while our body adjusts and we just fail to realize we are on a collision course. Now, what generally happens is that we then experience a stressor (can be good or bad) and our anxiety threshold responds by increasing but today is the day that the barrel is full!! Basically, this is the point that our emotional anxiety HAS to become physical..the water is pouring over the top and it is the same with our anxiety...we think that this is all 'out of the blue' but the reallity is that years and years of poor stress and anxiety management have finally unfolded in our bodies.

At this point it is incredibly common for physical anxiety to manifest itself as neurological sensations. This is because we have, in effect, fatigued our central, periphiral and sympathic nervous systems and this causes a whole host of wierd and wonderful neuro sensations. The problem now is that instead of thinking that we need to allow our bodies and minds time to recover we fall into the trap of literally pouring petrol and gas on the anxiety fire and we analyse these symptoms and convince ourselves we have MS, ALS or whatever is your disease of choice...you are now in the health anxiety loop.

One of the things you here time and time again is 'how can this be anxiety if I'm no longer anxious'? The thing is that even though we may have turned the tap off the barell is still full. Another useful anology is to think of an overweight person...years and years of a poor diet will have made them overweight, if they decide to go on a diet after a week of eating the healthiest and best food ever they are still going to be overweight...it is the same with anxiety, we fall into the trap of thinking that it is all about what we are thinking at the moment...this is our biggest mistake, once anxiety has become physical this indicates it is a chronic condition and therefore it can take us just as long to correct the problem as it took to get into the state we are at. The sooner we stop dumping anxiety on top of anxiety is the point that recovery will slowly start but because we fail to see immediate results we doubt everything and once again employ all those old stalwarts such as over catastrophising, black or white thinking etc etc that are going to keep us locked in the loop.

I can't remember who wrote this to give proper credit....I liked it so I cut and saved it on my desktop to reread everytime I ask....why do I FEEL anxious when I dont THINK I am. Good luck and I hope this helped you.
    Stressed32

Thread Information