Thread: Floaters and HA

Floaters and HA

Hi, I know floaters are supposed to be harmless but they are really getting me down at the moment. They are particularly bad/noticeable in my left eye right now. I don't know if they are worse b/c it's summer and days are brighter. I just spent my holiday obsessing about them - felt like I could barely open my eyes for the irritating floaters and light sensitivity.

Do they ever go away - can someone tell me if they improve over time - ever? Are they caused by HA or vice versa? My eyes should be okay because I have had them checked three times in the last year. I was told floaters are a natural fact of life. At the time I thought I could deal with them but I'm feeling like they're perhaps worse now and will always bother me. Any advice/sharing of knowledge would greaty help me get over this current bought of HA - thanks.

Re: Floaters and HA

Would really love some reassurance today....

Hello,
    I too have floaters, and yes, I have at times let them get to me too. I find that sure don't get better when I am worried about them, it's like if everytime you open your eyes and see the thing that is stressing you out, well you get more stressed out. Then I start to try to see if they are worse than before, are they really floaters, or more blurred spots, or whatever. Of course, when I am anxious, everything is worse, and therefore they must be a sign of doom. If you have had your eyes checked so many times, then that must be some comfort. I was told that over time they can "settle" a bit, kind of fall to the bottom of your eye so that they aren't as noticable. (like a snowglobe). Not pleasant, I know.

i have floaters too hun there awfull and that what started my ha 2 years ago thay were so bad i didnt want to go outside i would wear glasses ....only thing i can say is dont let the bother u....i dont think thay ever go away but the more u focous on them the worse it will be for u hun .....

I too have floaters and yes they may be more noticeable on sunny days, but the more you think about them the more your brain will notice them. Once you are able to forget about them your brain will not attend to them the same and will ignore them. They dont come and go - they are always there its just your brain learns not to see them.

Dont worry - they are completely normal - I panicked about them too and went to the optician she put drops in my eyes so she could look at the back of them - and everything completely normal. Once I was told this - I dont notice them so much.

I tend to notice them more when its bright, or when I'm tired.

Take care, hope you feel better soon x

I have lots of these and have indeed stressed out about them majorly to the point I think I am going blind etc, I have been to the eye hospital who said my eyes were ok. I really do think anxiety makes them worse. They do seem very very much worse after a night of drinking alcohol, I don't know if this is of any significance?

No, I don't think alcohol makes them worse but I do wonder if anxiety does. I am seeing them inside my house all the time now and I used to only see them if I was looking at the sky or specifically at a white ceiling. I just want them to go away. I am worrying so much about them - feeling like they will just cloud up and get worse until I can't see out of the eye anymore.... Does anyone have an experience that they did improve over time? I would really, really love to hear that.

I have floaters, i forst noticed them a few weeks aog, i have HA so they did really worry me. i also get dry eyes occasinally and i see the flaoters more on those days. when its bright outside i see them. but i used to see them all day everyday, i just couldnt seem to ignor them and i got very worried that i was going to go blind or something but in the last 3 weeks i can honestly say instead of seeing about 30 of them i now only occasionally see one or two little ones and thats only if i look for them, otherwise i no longer notice them.

you need to try and forget them, i know this is extremely difficult but once you forget about them, you will stop noticing them, im not saying they will vanish but you wont notice them. they are harmless so all you need to do is convince yourself of that and convince yourself they they arent there. i kow its hard but it is possible. they dont bother me at all now and to be honest i had completely forgot i have any until i saw this thread!!

you can do it.

Thread Information