Thread: Husband ill and can't cope

Husband ill and can't cope

I had major abdominal surgery two weeks ago ( appendix etc) and my poor husband has been running around like headless chicken keeping our business going, visiting me in hospital hours drive away and looking after his mother who lives with us. He has been physically exhausted and super stressed with worry over me etc.

He got up this morning and had bad bouts of runs, a couple of hours later he came in feeling very very sick, shivering and dizzy. He had a high temp and feels very sick. He has been like this all day. I know there are numerous stomach viruses going around as the hospital I was in was being decimated with one but I get in such a panic if he is ill. I have to resist taking his temp every 5 mins and waking him up to ask how he is!!!

Anyone else come across stomach bug

Re: Husband ill and can't cope

Hello hun,

As the mother of a 9 year old boy who picks up EVERY tummy bug going. I recon i have seen it all! I've cleaned up sick from just about every room in the house and sat with him when the other end is erupting...soz!!

Make sure your hubbie is taking paracetamol regularly, try to keep him on liquids only for 24hrs and make him rest. It's about all you can do with these bugs. They are horrible hun but don't usualy last very long.

Take care of yourself gal and make hubbie rest with you!!

Lots of love

Lisa
    xxxx

It could be the Norovirus? This bug as been about since before Christmas. It makes you feel very ill, but only lasts about three or four days.

Hey countrygirl

Another dreaded tummy bug has just done its rounds where i live. So i do not envy you whatsoever.

The best think he can do is keep rehydrated and sleep. Its the bodies best way to recover.

Hope he feels better soon hunny - don't worry

Hugs

I can and will get through this....

Thanks everyone it is so good to know you are all there and will send messages.

He is a bit better today if it lasts! Temp down and the feeling horribly sick has eased but still not eating and so weak can hardly stagger across the room. He says he stil has"interesting bowel movements!!!".

last time he had a stomach bug he had a relapse the second day later in day so woulnd't be surprised if he does same again.

He can certainly sleep for england!!

I wonder who will be next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information