Thread: Is THIS a panic attack?

Is THIS a panic attack?

Hey! Long time lingerer, first time poster.
    I've struggled with health anxiety for a long time but things ramped up after my second child and I haven't been able to 'come down' in 18 months.
    All this to say that I think I may be experiencing panic attacks but I'm not sure.

Everything I've read says I should feel extreme anxiety first but that's not the case for me.

I get an overwhelming feeling like I'm going to pass out/faint/dizziness, then panic, then like I want to BOLT out of the room. I don't pass out, can breath through these spells and get through it.

Thoughts? Would love your input and thanks.

Re: Is THIS a panic attack?

I get very dizzy, feel like I will pass out. It doesn't have to come with any other symptoms. I do get palpitations and a throat closing sensation too. Mine all started after my 2nd child. I suspect stress brings it on

Yes! Thank you!
    I'm going to the doctor to rule anything out, but its like an extreme head rush here and there.
    It's brutal.
    Have you been checked out Alio?

It definitely sounds like somewhat of one, perhaps a mild one so count your blessings!
    I get palpations, nausea, sweating, dizziness, the world looks all distorted and too bright, get overwhelming feelings of terror and fear, as in genuinely being scared for my life, I wanna run, I wanna scream as loud as I can, I even sometimes I feel like hurting myself just to escape it.
    So yeah, please get it checked out in case it winds up progressing to something like this ^ cause when I used to get them, before things got worse for me, they seemed quite horrific and now after these, I'd give anything to go back so to how I used to feel!

Thread Information