Thread: stopping feeling lightheaded/spaced out?

stopping feeling lightheaded/spaced out?

Anyone here got any advice onto how to stop feelings of lightheadedness when they occur (not so much if it occurs at home, more like when in a situation when you absolutely cannot feel that way (job interviews, in a crowded shopping precinct, on public transport)).

I know to eat sufficiently but apart from that are there any physical things you can do which offer immediate relief from this and still don't attract attention from the public when you administer them?

In a job interview for instance when eyes are on you its got to be something you can do which will generally go unnoticed.

Please help guys!

Dave, UK

hiya pal,

i would try to use inner strength technique, this is where you tell yourself that no matter what thoughts are running through your mind and no matter what symptom your are feeling, you are gonna come right on out of that tunnel at some stage (gauranteed) you been there before and you will be there again probally many times, but each time you have felt this you have dealt with this by going through this! strength is an force, peace is a sound and anxiety is a moment in time! all sayings make sense, and none are untruths, so use your strength! hear the peace, and the moment in time will pass!

all the best.

Hi Dave

I'm sorry I dont have any instant cure advice for this for you, I need some myself as I find the spaced out and feeling light headed feeling one of the hardest to deal with, I hate it.

Saintdee has given you good advice and also keep telling yourself that this feeling is just a feeling because of your anxiety and it isnt harmful, also I do find if i do my relaxation tecniques regularly it helps my spaced out feeling in general.

x

hi there i get this often too...i cant really offer any advice except it does pass, even if it returns it always passes, i think mine is linked with me not breathing right-or worrying about my breathing, just console yourself with the fact you are not alone on this one....some days it affects me that bad all i want to do is sit in a corner and cry..sad i know, but its how i feel....you just have to ride it out and dont give into it keep going, dont let the feeling stop you doing things!
    take carex

Thread Information