Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is medication to blame? Please help :(

Re: Is medication to blame? Please help :(

I make sure never to miss a dose or to even be late taking a tablet. I'll let you guys know what my therapist says yesterday. Thank you, everyone, for your replies and support.

You give loads of support to others on here, ana, it's only right you get some of that back when you need it

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    Ooh, okay, I'll ask her. My therapist did mention the slow release ones initially, but wasn't keen on putting me on them. I didn't have any side effect with Venlafaxine, except for a little bit of nausea when I'd take them on an empty stomach. Escitalopram was causing me nausea for weeks - it was unbearable. :(
    As Terry says, due to Venlafaxine's short half life, the immediate release can have a powerful initial "hit" then quickly feel like you're withdrawing from it, which is why many doctors/psychs now prescribe once daily prolonged release capsules. Everyone is different but I've experienced this myself on immediate release and read hundreds of accounts by others who have similar stories. You have nothing to lose by giving the XL a trial - plus it's easier taking a single daily dose.

Still waiting for your 'signed pic'

Never Surrender, Comrade

Awww thank you, Terry! That's very sweet of you

KK, I'm still waiting for my PayPal payment.

I'll see what my therapist says about the XL tablets. She didn't sound keen on them in the beginning, but perhaps she'll prescribe those to me soon.

KK, I'm still waiting for my PayPal payment.

"Payment accepted. Your signed Ana photo will be sent 1st Class. Thank you again for your order with ANA Productions Ltd"

Never Surrender, Comrade

KK!! You'd better frame that photo. I worked hard...signing it. The struggle is real.

Speaking of struggle, I saw my therapist this morning and she seemed to think it was because of everything that had happened in September that I'd had a little crisis/setback. We agreed on not changing the medication dose for at least 2 more weeks, till after I've moved.

Hopefully the rest of my week goes well and I don't freak out at work again. I've arranged to see a colleague after work tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to, despite being scared!

Hi Ana, slightly late to this thread as I've not been on the site much lately. I've been on venlafaxine since March 2013, 300mg a day which were initially in the tablet form. However, about 2 years ago my GP changed the tablets to the modified release capsules after a rough spell. I 'think' I'm better than I was back then, though obviously don't want to pull the tiger's tail as it were. Clearly from people's experiences, environmental factors play a part in our anxiety as a whole as well as brain chemicals. I do hope you start to feel better soon, it sounds like you've had an awful time.

PS - my GP started me on the tablets because they were cheaper than the capsules. He has since left the practice.

KK!! You'd better frame that photo. I worked hard...signing it. The struggle is real.

Speaking of struggle, I saw my therapist this morning and she seemed to think it was because of everything that had happened in September that I'd had a little crisis/setback. We agreed on not changing the medication dose for at least 2 more weeks, till after I've moved.

Hopefully the rest of my week goes well and I don't freak out at work again. I've arranged to see a colleague after work tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to, despite being scared!
    Hope you've made the right decision and things get better for you

PS: Is your colleague an Ana fan too?

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thank you, Fishman

I hope I've made the right decision, as if I could replicate the effects of Clonazepam, I'd be thrilled! It sounds like such a sad thing to admit to, but it really makes me feel normal by eliminating the feelings of unreality and depersonalisation. Just this morning, I was struggling with going to work, I took half a Rivotril, and the world felt stable and normal.

Have any of you had experience with anti-psychotics? Apparently, they are used (in combination with anti-depressants) to relieve some anxiety symptoms, but my therapist has only mentioned this in passing. I don't think she's suggested I try them.

KK.... of course she is. Most people are, and I can't say I blame them.

I was prescribed risperidone Ana in 2013. They made me feel doped up and to be honest I felt they were just blocking the anxiety rather than addressing it. I've not taken any since and still have three packs of them.

I pulled the tiger's tail yesterday and today it's turned

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information