Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Excess stomach acid

Re: Excess stomach acid

The cough is caused by the acid going down on to my lungs. Yes I had two weeks worth of antibiotics for H pylori.

Unhappy Re: Excess stomach acid

Hi, I am on 2 lansoprazole tabs per day and have had an acid problem for about 2 years ans i am still waiting for an endoscopy. one of the main problems i have is stomach pains from the acid build up every morning when i wake up. its like a numb pain which goes once im up and move around. also i have an extreme tiredness all day and my eyes feel especially tired. i find it hard 2 keep certain foods down and it is a hard condition 2 live with. the tablets did work at 1st but gradually the syptoms have come back. and even though i am very tired i find it difficult 2 relax and slepp at night, and then find it difficult 2 get up in the morning. the medication has effected my bowel movement so i eat well and take 2 doses or fibresure daily which has really helpped. i have had every blood test going but all came back normal. my mind will be at rest when i know 4 sure what is causing this, when i eventually get an endoscopy on the NHS (if they ever will!!). but until then it is making me very worried and pesimistic. does anyone have similar symptoms, such as the morning pains and tiredness?? x

hi i am on one lansoprazole a day. my symtoms are pain just under my sternum only after i have eaten or if i happen to be hungry, which isnt that often as i have lost my appetite. well saying that i only get hungry once i do start to eat. i dont want food all day then i sit down with my family for dinner and i eat it, then within half hour iam hungry again!! so i dont loose weight but due to the times iam eating i have put on a little. I also feel the pain when i walk for more than about 500 yards. I also get really tired about 6pm but by 8 iam wide awake and find it to sleep later. i just had a liver function test (not for this) and it showed elevated enzymes and am wondering if my stomach problems could have caused that??

Hi

Dont know if this is anything to do with it but i take ozmeprazole and find that about ten minutes after taking them i get this weird popping sensation in my stomach - highish up. I though it was the capsule bursting? Is that silly? It feels like that. I wonder if thats what the twinges are?

Lisa
    xxxx

I too have been having all the symptoms listed by others, tiredness, achey, sore throat, cough, metallic taste, constant acid and nausea, i have recently come off lanzoprosol and having a test on thurs for H.Pylori am really hoping it is this as they should be able to cure it if it isnt i don't know what i shall do i am just fed up with feeling ill. will keep you posted on test results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information