Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vision problems

Vision problems

I've had anxiety problems for years but lately have been having lots of issues with my vision, my eyes are finding it difficult to focus and the light just seem to be too bright and my eyes feel very tense and heavy. The other visual problem that i am having is a static like appearance to everything that i look at particularly noticeable in the dark, on dark and light surfaces, this symptom seems to be there all the time and is really starting to scare me, is this related to anxiety or is there something else wrong? I've had my eyes checked out and was told that they are fine, the optometrist said the focusing problem was most probably stress related and the static problem could be related to anxiety although he wasn't 100% sure but didn't suggest any follow up, i had my eyes dilated so he did get to have a very good look. Can somebody please shed some light on this?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Vision problems

This is harmless Anxiousmum and the fact that you've had your eyes checked out and nothing of concern was found should put your mind at rest.

Vision problems are very common with anxiety and I've had similar symptoms to you in the past.

Trust me - it's nothing to worry about.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thanks for your reply! Did your static vision problem go away?

I was about to write a post like yours yesterday but i didnt, this morning i see a post that could have been me written.
    I have the same anxiousmum, the same symptoms and i have had them for a while now.
    Of course they concern me and make me panic, i have been checked up and they cant see anything wrong.
    Its hard to deal with but i guess we need to rely on the doctors.

/ Daniel

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiousmum View Post
    Thanks for your reply! Did your static vision problem go away?
    Yes, but it comes back if I get very stressed or get a migraine

Never Surrender, Comrade

my eyes hurt or feel heavy when i dont get enough sleep... i know what you mean about light being too bright, it triggers anxiety sometimes. oh yea and when im very nervous i get that 'seeing stars' thing so it's anxiety related imo.

my eyes sting and water it makes me anxious to

When I felt at my worst a few years ago my eyes were really affected. I couldn't bear bright light and my eyes were always tired. It was an effort to look and concentrate on something. So don't despair - you're not alone with this.
    Myra x

Hi hun

There are threads on the forums about the eys hun.

It is true that anxiety or stress can effect your eyes, when anxiety is present, it can pick up one or more of our senses, sight, smell, touch, hearing, tast. I myself had sense of smell, hearing, sight' they have gone very sensitive.

My eyse have been sensitive to bright light, from what I know, this is the bodys normal reaction when it thinks its in danger, but when you suffer anxietys, this can kick off just on its own.

You explaine what you see in your vision in the dark well. I have had this too. I am 90% panic, high anxiety free because of this great site, had this symptom a few days ago, it does not scare me anymore, ( under stress at the mo ) It does pass hun

PLEASE hun, try and deal with FACT, you have had your eyes checked and all is OK. The more you fear a symptom the longer it can last.

Don't let Mrs anxiety play with you, let the symptom be there, but use positive self thoughts on why its there, eg, My anxietys up a little today, its ok, IT WILL PASS. I tend to use a less important statment now, eg, stressed becasue ?????? its ok, it will pass, it always does.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Just wanted to say, I recently found this site and I have to say that for someone who has suffered anxiety on and off for years it is a real god send!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information